SASS Wire Forum

OT a little

Wif

The misses aka Rufus Annie has decided we need to lose our antenna and go to Dish TV.

What are the must have channels to have for a shooter. We have to stay with a dish because we live in a mobile home park that does not have cable.

Thanks for your opinion

Wif :D

I think The Outdoor Channelhas the most shooting related programs. Some folks like the E-Western Channel for moviesl.

First off I'd go with DirecTV instead of Dish. Then I'd get the TV package that includes the Outdoor Channel. Lots of good shows there. Now that Cowboys has been canceled, it takes some of the fun out of the channel, but there are still a lot of gun-related shows.

We have been a Dish customer since about the day the first satellites were launched. It has been a bit bumpy at times but overall not bad. You really need a package that gets the Outdoor Channel at minimum. There are other channels that may be of interest to CAS shooters including History channel, Western Channel, Sportsman's Channel and sometimes Versus channel has some shooting related bit. Dish now seems to charge a monthly fee for equipment even if you own the receiver, so a lease is probably as good as any because you get free replacement if it fails. We are frustrated with Dish as we really want to have a disc recorder and HD in one receiver and in an RV it is very hard to do with Dish. Best solution I have found is to get an HD recording receiver and then adding my own external disc with a USB interface to get the recording set up. Dish charges a one time fee to set up this service on your own disc. If you want to use a Dish package that needs more than one satellite, you really want an antenna for your RV that automatically finds and switches satellites as needed in a second or two and not have to push special buttons and wait a minute or more to switch channels. If you are stationary in an RV park you can use a home type antenna.

I had Dish Network for a few years. Then they pulled the PBR off just before the finals.

I switched to DirecTV and have been pleased with their service.

Archived