SASS Wire Forum

Complete competition set in Atlanta

rocinante

Looking for FTF sales in the Atlanta area. I am in Roswell. Firm on prices. Open to trades.

Bought them about 3 years ago but never did get into competition. Now I have developed health problems that discourages me from shooting. Mostly they have sit in the safe. Hardly used and definitely not abused. Nice guns.

Marlin 1894CB, 1984 Cowboy Limited, in 357 magnum/38 special, 20 inch octagon barrel. Pretty much perfect with very light and minimum handling marks on the wood. Bluing is perfect. Bought it off Gunbroker and it has been tuned for cowboy action. Bar safety removed, action slicked up, about 3 lb trigger, upgraded firing pin, loading gate spring weakened. I think the tang sights are upgraded but not certain. I have not put probably 200 round through it, most 38 specials. Besides cowboy shooting the Marlin 357s are popular as brush/deer/pig guns. Light and short. Women and kids like it because of less recoil. I would like 700 for it, which I consider a fair price with the gun smith slicking stuff too.

SOLD PENDING MEETING

Matching set of Ruger New Vaqueros. I bought both new off Gunbroker. Only difference is one has the warning stuff on the side of the barrel, the other on the bottom. Stainless Steel, 5.5 inch barrel, 357 magnum. I added pearl grips but the original blacks will also be included. Not shot much and both are in excellent condition. No work done to them. 800 for the pair.

SOLD to the good Captain Burt

12 gauge rabbit eared coach gun. Century Import JW2000. Bought new from Classic Arms. I think I shot 20 round through it. One small handling mark on stock, a pinhead of wood filler and a brush of shellac would make it disappear. Very inexpensive but nicer than folks give them credit for. I looked on the net and do not believe they are still being imported. I want 250.

Pictures are available.

Looking for FTF sales in the Atlanta area. I am in Roswell. Firm on prices. Open to trades.

Bought them about 3 years ago but never did get into competition. Now I have developed health problems that discourages me from shooting. Mostly they have sit in the safe. Hardly used and definitely not abused. Nice guns.

Marlin 1894CB, 1984 Cowboy Limited, in 357 magnum/38 special, 20 inch octagon barrel. Pretty much perfect with very light and minimum handling marks on the wood. Bluing is perfect. Bought it off Gunbroker and it has been tuned for cowboy action. Bar safety removed, action slicked up, about 3 lb trigger, upgraded firing pin, loading gate spring weakened. I think the tang sights are upgraded but not certain. I have not put probably 200 round through it, most 38 specials. Besides cowboy shooting the Marlin 357s are popular as brush/deer/pig guns. Light and short. Women and kids like it because of less recoil. I would like 700 for it, which I consider a fair price with the gun smith slicking stuff too.

Matching set of Ruger New Vaqueros. I bought both new off Gunbroker. Only difference is one has the warning stuff on the side of the barrel, the other on the bottom. Stainless Steel, 5.5 inch barrel, 357 magnum. I added pearl grips but the original blacks will also be included. Not shot much and both are in excellent condition. No work done to them. 800 for the pair.

12 gauge rabbit eared coach gun. Century Import JW2000. Bought new from Classic Arms. I think I shot 20 round through it. One small handling mark on stock, a pinhead of wood filler and a brush of shellac would make it disappear. Very inexpensive but nicer than folks give them credit for. I looked on the net and do not believe they are still being imported. I want 250.

Pictures are available.

PM sent on Marlin

Just got back from a pleasant lunch with Captain Burt. He departed with a pair of nice pistols and I departed with a stack of 20s. He is a fine gentleman I am sure you pards will enjoy shooting with.

Thanks Rocinante!

The pistols are exactly as described and Rocinante threw in 100 rounds of .38 special as well as a belt and holsters! A real pleasure to do business with. Thanks pardner.

Happy Trails!

Archived