SASS Wire Forum

HELP 1866 Uberti Lifter

Tom trigger

I am having trouble with my lifter spring. Sometimes it will not pull the lifter down all the way. It will not let me cycle the gun. The spring is in the right place, not bent, not loose, it will not tighten any more. Tried loosening the spring screw, tried tightening the screw, still nothing. It just won't go down that last 5mm by itself, but touch it and it drops down. I am out of ideas. Anyone know how to fix this?

The spring is just to hold the lifter in place while levering....the lever hits the lifter arm and either raises or lowers it.

If the lifter has a bind it could stop..causes include dirty lifter area...binding, dirty cartridge follower.

And look at the spring its the one on the lifter arm not levercam.

The lifter is not binding It is as clean is new . It is the spring on the lever works fine the problem is when you cycle the gun and close the action the lifter will not drop down all the way every time. their is on bind on the lifter .if i smak or hit the gun it will drop that last 5mm.when i close the lever and the lifter is at the bottom the L on the spring is past the notch is this right?

Check the follower. I have come across something similar to this. After disassembling, I noticed the face of the follower has still a piece of metal sticking out where the factory did not mill out completely and this prevented the carrier from dropping down. The bottom of the carrier gets hung up on it. Filed it down and now carrier drops completely. It's worth a look. Has any work done to the rifle? springs? Keep us updated. Hope this help.

Check the cam on the carrier lifter arm and lever,where the L tab of the springs normally ride.Check for uneven wear or a angle or rough,gouged wear pattern I have seen this before with a pards 73, the cam lobe was worn down to a nub,on a angle. Adios Sgt. Jake

If this is an aftermarket spring, you can remove it and bend it down to add some tension. Mine was too loose when I first installed it.

Also, cycle the action with the side plate off to see if anything is binding. Maybe the loading gate tab bent causing interference.

Well...did y'all get it figured out?

If'n you did what was the solution?

did all of the above cant fined any thing not right. cycled it with side plates off nothing binding It does it only when i cycle it slow not all the time now maybe 1 out of 10 still their is that one. still wroking on it thanks.

Bummer

Work fine for quite some time and know doesn't

No parts changed...all parts clean... No burrs...

Could the lever been bent ( trying to clear a jam) making the timing to be off ?

Bummer

Work fine for quite some time and know doesn't

No parts changed...all parts clean... No burrs...

Could the lever been bent ( trying to clear a jam) making the timing to be off ?

No i dont think so the 1st time it jambed I didn't force it I stoped .

Archived