SASS Wire Forum

Henry Mare's Leg

Big John

Frankly speaking they are very ugly!

I think they look great.

Roy

It looks like a big waste of money. It does not even look like the Winchester Steve McQueen used. Also it is not legal in our sport.

Neither was the "Big Boy" altho it was advertised as perfect for SASS for a year before it was approved. Strange things happen when "money talks".

Besides being butt ugly,

and not a copy of anything,

it has already failed a straw vote by about 100% at the last TG summit.

But from the floor was proposed for Gunfighter only!!! (failed too!)

If you don't like the way they look, you will hate the way they shoot. working that lever without a stock against your shoulder to steady the gun.......it's something you need to experience for yourself.

WOW!! Those are some seriously ugly guns! A gun never made in the period copying a gun never made in the period. How meta, and entirely pointless. I have rarely seen anything I would want less. Heck, I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me, where could I use it where folks wouldn't laugh at me or think I was an idiot for owning one? I would never live it down! Yikes. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

late to the fire for this thread, but one of my local shoots isn't sass sanctioned, so they're deliberating letting me shoot a 44 ranchand as either a 2nd pistol or as a long gun

i come in dead last every other match as it is... so i figured it'd be worth some style points.

in this pard's opinion; the brass one is ugly, but the .22 version would look better if it didn't have the darned hooded frt sight.

I'm gonna buy one right after I buy a Big Boy.

I can't wait, I see you shooting it while wearign your Henry Shirt & hat some nice person gave you for xmas. :rolleyes:

On another note - just when you thought that gun was bad enuff along comes the midgit version.

Yuck. :angry:

late to the fire for this thread, but one of my local shoots isn't sass sanctioned, so they're deliberating letting me shoot a 44 ranchand as either a 2nd pistol or as a long gun

i come in dead last every other match as it is... so i figured it'd be worth some style points.

in this pard's opinion; the brass one is ugly, but the .22 version would look better if it didn't have the darned hooded frt sight.

Negative style points maybe!

Maybe I'm being too practical, but how the heck would you shoot the thing??? You can't shoot it very effectively as a rifle because there's virtually no stock to speak of. You can't shoot it very effectively as a pistol, either...at least not one-handed because you have to work the lever each time.

I think it's a perfect example of an attempt at "awesome-looking impracticality." :)

Some new options for a mare's leg. I think the idea of this little gun in .22 would be a load of fun.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm

AAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Fingers (Shoe Me MO smoke) McGee

How did Steve shoot it?

Maybe I'm being too practical, but how the heck would you shoot the thing??? You can't shoot it very effectively as a rifle because there's virtually no stock to speak of. You can't shoot it very effectively as a pistol, either...at least not one-handed because you have to work the lever each time.

I think it's a perfect example of an attempt at "awesome-looking impracticality." :)

Guest Copper Mart

A few come to mind:

extremely

horrendously

exceedingly

mega

uber

uncommonly

intensely

seriously

tremendously

exceptionally

Butt

How about if they made one of these?

lightning leg

AWA does make a Lightning Leg. I really want one in 38 special SRC to carry acrost me chest in a Cav sling.

In this scene... not very well. It was more effective as a club :lol:

WOW!!! Little Joe and The Rebel as bad guys!!

anyone else bothered by the rifle cartridges on his gun belt? did the 92 ever chamber anything other than pistol cal cartridges?

AWA does make a Lightning Leg. I really want one in 38 special SRC to carry acrost me chest in a Cav sling.

WOW!!! Little Joe and The Rebel as bad guys!!

Wow... AWA does?! And I thought I was coming up with my own silly original idea... :lol:

I do think it looks cooler though... ^_^

yup I was surprised too, to see lil Joe Cartwright gunnin' men down

Archived