SASS Wire Forum

Black Powder Night Shoot

:o

Got some good news and some bad news.....

the good news is that business is GOOD.... the bad news is... we won't make it to Winter Range....and the BP night shoot....and the WB match....

We expected a slow down this winter so we could take time off, but that hasn't happened - in fact - the reverse is going on right now...we're backed up and getting more so by the day. I'm happy we're doing well, but sorry we won't get to be there with y'all and make that wonderful smoke n' fire happen.

Maybe someone could take some pictures and post them here?

Hopefully we'll meet somewhere down the trail! Y'all come on out to Texas and shoot with the Texican Rangers and you'll have so much fun that you'll want to move out here :D

Gunstock Smith and Miss Cubbie

Pards and Pardettes, you make the pee run right down my leg. I'd give a lot to be there with you, but it ain't goin' to happen for me again this year.

Please post plenty of pictures. I'll enjoy them vicariously.

DD-DLoS

I am a definite maybe. I have the shells, I have the guns, it kinda depends on how the posse schedule works out. But I have always wanted to do it, and this year I am going to try to make it.

I am a definite maybe. I have the shells, I have the guns, it kinda depends on how the posse schedule works out. But I have always wanted to do it, and this year I am going to try to make it.

The posse schedule shouldn't make any difference. Even the late shift on Thursday will be done by 5:00 and the BP night shoot doesn't start until 7:00 p.m. Hope to see you there.

Miz Lou will be there with both guns blazin' at the same time. Larsen, is the Gatling Gun going to be there again this year? You pards coming for the first time -- Don't forget your flashlights, comes in handy getting around the range after dark. After-shoot gun cleaning party at Cactus Cris's Corral is fun, too.

Just got an email from him. The Gatling guy is planning to be there. Hope so, we have laid in a good supply of ammo.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/pettifogger1/P1030263.jpg

Spent most of the past week working on the new Saloon. However, we have also been working on the night shoot. We even have a theme! See if you can figure out the theme.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/pettifogger1/P1030349_2.jpg

Something about the war of northern aggression? Ted Turner western film fest? Hoping the heat from the flames melt the ice off the peaches? How many guesses do we get?

Cactus Cris will have a nice shiny brand new can of 3Fg waiting for me when I arrive at the cart corral.

I'll need to use it up before I leave... I'm sure I'll have some help in that!

May drag the 5er out to the range just so's I don't have to drive home and back after the night shoot. Just itching to try out the new 45/70 rolling block. Thinking a few rounds of 405 grainers stuffed full of Pyrodex RS should contribute the flame and smoke.

Spent most of the past week working on the new Saloon. However, we have also been working on the night shoot. We even have a theme! See if you can figure out the theme.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/pettifogger1/P1030349_2.jpg

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived