SASS Wire Forum

Things I miss from the past.

Deja Vous

Dad hooking the sled to the back of the car and pulling us up and down the road.

New mown hay.

Mowing down the bad guys (tin cans) with my BB gun.

Then latter on leaning on the fence watching the girls learn to ride and take care of thier horses.

They are all grown and far away now and in modern times I keep track of them by facebook or text message.

Just the other day I read my granddaughters post that she had been woken up by three cows mooing outside her window. Some things never change.

Oh, cool I forgot about the sleds, my older brother did pull me behind the tractor .. lol.. that was a ton of fun. I wanted to ski so bad, so I would stand up on my sled far toooooo often.. lol.

"Things I miss from the past. "

My memory... :(

Is that a "what past" .... lol

I miss homemade peach ice cream. Think I'm finally heavy enough to sit on the freezer and hold it down. On the other hand, don't think I'd last long turnin the crank when it starts freezing.

Turning the crank is what you have children or grandchildren for isn't it?

This is a great question!

I miss too much to list here.

Yeah.. but I try.. lol

This is a great question!

I miss too much to list here.

Well, give it a shot Pard!

There's lots more I miss,Like I said I could go on and on.

~EE Taft~

I don't remember

loll its okay Matthew.. you are here and your having fun... you just need a darn keyboard to type on.. lol

I meet then everyday... In fact I believe everyone has my best interests at heart.. that is the prolem per my Dad.. lol.. He would simply die if he knew I help a simple stranger today out on the freeway with a ride home to his family. To him I trust so much, to me I trust, and if it does not work out then I hurt.. and I get over it ... and move on.. pretty easy for me.. Once I know the score I can move on, I just don't always understand the game cuz I don't play games.. Makes it harder for me... but I prefer my way, being honest and true to myself is the best for me.

Oh Deja I could have written that myself...

I take everyone at face value.... trust too much....believe everyone has some good in them

I have gotten hurt from being this way but I tried to be cynical because someone told me that's how I should be.... it was horrible...depressing

I have decided I'm better off this way... just being me

I'm honest with people and expect the same. If I don't get it ...if they play games, well, I might get hurt but in the end it's their loss right?

What you said "believe everyone has my best interests at heart" and "Once I know the score I can move on, I just don't always understand the game cuz I don't play games.. Makes it harder for me... but I prefer my way, being honest and true to myself is the best for me."

That really stuck a cord with me.

I am very playful....

but I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't "play games" with people

I still try to live by the golden rule "you treat me well and I will treat you well"

I have decided that one of the reasons I'm this way is because I was loved as a child and treated well. I grew up thinking that if you just did the right thing and were kind to people they would treat you well too.

The hardest lesson I have had to learn is that people don't always do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do.

Also, because I work with children and I see how those kids start out so innocent and want so badly to be good and to make grown ups proud of them...

I guess I still see the little kid in everyone.... some kids have just got hurt so many times that they give up and get mean and stop trusting.

I believe even "bad people" could have been good if they wouldn't have got hurt so much.

I chose to trust until a person gives me a reason not to trust them.

Then I just try to stay away from them.

I know there are people that tell you to not be so trusting.

Well, I get it. This is what works for people like us.

Just be careful. But be you. :->

Oh Deja I could have written that myself...

I take everyone at face value.... trust too much....believe everyone has some good in them

I have gotten hurt from being this way but I tried to be cynical because someone told me that's how I should be.... it was horrible...depressing

I have decided I'm better off this way... just being me

I'm honest with people and expect the same. If I don't get it ...if they play games, well, I might get hurt but in the end it's their loss right?

What you said "believe everyone has my best interests at heart" and "Once I know the score I can move on, I just don't always understand the game cuz I don't play games.. Makes it harder for me... but I prefer my way, being honest and true to myself is the best for me."

That really stuck a cord with me.

I am very playful....

but I wear my heart on my sleeve and don't "play games" with people

I still try to live by the golden rule "you treat me well and I will treat you well"

I have decided that one of the reasons I'm this way is because I was loved as a child and treated well. I grew up thinking that if you just did the right thing and were kind to people they would treat you well too.

The hardest lesson I have had to learn is that people don't always do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do.

Also, because I work with children and I see how those kids start out so innocent and want so badly to be good and to make grown ups proud of them...

I guess I still see the little kid in everyone.... some kids have just got hurt so many times that they give up and get mean and stop trusting.

I believe even "bad people" could have been good if they wouldn't have got hurt so much.

I chose to trust until a person gives me a reason not to trust them.

Then I just try to stay away from them.

I know there are people that tell you to not be so trusting.

Well, I get it. This is what works for people like us.

Just be careful. But be you. :->

Gosh, you do understand, huh? I have to say I hurt easily, but at the same time I get over it really fast... all it takes is an I am sorry, or a sad look. or hey lets go out and shoot or play.. and I am so past it all.. lol..

But like anyone some pain, true physical pain remains in my heart and mind. It does its own damage, you look for the fist when things get tense.. or when someone pushes you away you are afraid to go to sleep for fear that you will wake up with them holding a baseball bat over your head. Once you have lived life that way, it is hard to forget it. so, you bury yourself in having a good time. and it works darn good.. lol.. In fact I think taht and my crab dip are keepers.. lol

Archived