SASS Wire Forum

new gun store visit

Trigger Mike

There is a new store with fancy indoor range near my office, so I went there for lunch. They are not fully open yet so only some of their stock is in. It is called Sharp Shooters. REAL nice indoor range for all guns. Gun prices seemed on par with others nearby. NAA mini revolvers were 240 or so, Sig 380s for 650 to 750, Smiths in line I suppose. Ammo was a different story. 7.63x39 was $20 for American Eagle and Winchester 45LC was 45. He was showing me the 7.62x39 when I saw the 7.62x54R below it so I asked him how much the 7.62x54R was and he said, "it is not the same as 7.62x39". I said, "I know, I have both guns". Then when he showed me the winchester 45LC and said it was $45. I told him that was too high for me so he suggested his blue box Atlanta Arms 45LC which I know from experience the blue box is Metal flat nose. I told him so and he said the "Winchester was also full metal jacket as all ammo is". I told him, no, WInchester is lead flat nose, he said no it is full metal jacket. I explained how cowboy action shooting requires lead flat nose, he opened the Winchester box and said, "oh, it is lead".

To use their range they want $20.

And ya wonder why most small businesses fail. :rolleyes:

I was told one time by an owner of a gun shop that NOBODY had ever made a pistol in 41 Magnum.

Archived