SASS Wire Forum

Looking for new Bullet Supplier

Dewey Takum Enhowe

Moulton Lead... fine company..

the longer 38 your speaking of I haven't used..

My thoughts are that they would be good to make a longer 38 bullet for the rifles that tend to like 357's OAL.. could be wrong..

Give him a call... good man, good product.. won't steer ya wrong.. he's a fellow CAS.. ;)

Rance

Good bullets at a great price. Work fine for CAS. I have about 3,000 of the 147 grain long .38s loaded at 1.5 OAL. Work great in the Marlin,Codymatic, and Rugers. The only issue I have is that the Codymatic has the short barrel (18 1/2") and 10 rounds get a bit tight making the first couple of cycles harder. They would be just right if I had shortened the OAL or had the longer tube. I just use'em in the marlin now....and that is not too often since I got the Codymatic. Use in the pistols for knockdowns. I now use Pauls 125 TC in the Codymatic and his 105s in the Vaqueros. Will be swithing to all 125 after I shoot up the 105s. Then I will not have to change the powder setting on the Dillon. :) YMMV.

Tye

Looking at Moulton's longer .38 special bullets. Anyone have an opinion?

All I use in my '73's. Set at 1.5" AOL they run nice and smooth. Also use em as my knockdown load in pistols.

Good quality, fast delivery and more than fair price.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Dewey....been using them for three years now and no complaints. Super folks that run the place. If you want to try some of those 147 grainer TC gimme a call.

Rico Kid

Ida Mae uses no other lead but Paul's.

He's a damn fine supplier and one heck of a shooter.

I think that I'm going to order some of these 147's. I'd like to use one bullet/load for both pistols and rifle ('73). I like the convenience of never having to adjust dies. It sounds like these might be the ticket.

If anyone has a good load for the 147 gr TC with Hodgdon Clays, please PM me. I've checked Hodgdon's website and some other sources and have a decent starting point, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone has already developed a good load.

Fantastic and friendly folks to deal with. .125gr bullet works great in rifle and pistol and have had no problems with my Marlins(4) and (1) Rossi, since switching to Moulton Lead bullets: The 147gr rifle bullet is also a good one and I have used those.

Moulton Lead is again good folks to deal with.

Jackrabbit #414 & Sly Puppy #78115

Peoria, Arizona

I think that I'm going to order some of these 147's. I'd like to use one bullet/load for both pistols and rifle ('73). I like the convenience of never having to adjust dies. It sounds like these might be the ticket...

Good choice! Paul, Joselyn and Charly are the best.

Load to 1.50+ and get running. I use the same round in pistol and rifle. That makes life easy when you are looking at heavy KD targets.

Look in the Cowboy section of the Speer Reloading Manual #14 for several good loads.

Olen

Archived