SASS Wire Forum

Lodging at EoT

Ramblin Royce

This is FYI, not a commercial, I get nothing out of it other than the rates I negotiated for myself and others. Also I checked with one of the moderators and he said he thought it would be OK. If you feel otherwise, let them know about it and it will be removed. It is only informational and not intended to skirt the rules of the forum.

Please feel free to share this with anyone that may be interested:

We have a block of rooms at the Sandia Courtyard in Albuqueque (not affiliated with Marriott's Courtyard brand)

http://www.sandiacourtyardhotel.com

This hotel generally gets good reviews and is in a good location, although I have not stayed there. They have a hot breakfast buffet & wifi is included in rooms. There are 2 very good restaurants ( Sadie's Mexican & The Owl Cafe )across the parking lot and and a Sonic and Applebees in easy walking distance. Walmart is about a 1/2 mile away. This hotel is 24 miles from the range. It is a 2 story hotel with NO ELEVATOR so be sure to request 1st floor if you don't want to be using the steps. Our rate is $59 plus tax, or $69 plus tax if you need a cooler & microwave. This is about $20 off their regular rates. The group name for this price is "cowboys" and the number to call is 800-877-4852. Also, the SASS lodging page has this hotel at the wrong exit, it should be Exit 165.

Or,

If you prefer to stay in Moriarty, the Best Western may be the best choice. I understand they now do have an elevator. This hotel is about 20 miles on the paved road, or about 18 if you go down the gravel Barton Rd. Moriarty does not have a great selection of restaurants or shopping, though. For the best rate there, go to the Best Western web site,http://www.bestwestern.com/ and after you put in all your info for a reservation and select this hotel, you can scroll down where they have a "minimum 3 night stay special" for $74.99, select that and reserve as normal. They don't volunteer this info when you contact them by phone.

Archived