SASS Wire Forum

Over all lenght

Pit Bull Tex

I have been useing Ammo Direct rifle round, they are 1.520 for their 125gr.. I when to Georgia Arms and they load 1.435 for the 125gr.Dont know if they will run in my 92s.Can anyone help?

I have been useing Ammo Direct rifle round, they are 1.520 for their 125gr.. I when to Georgia Arms and they load 1.435 for the 125gr.Dont know if they will run in my 92s.Can anyone help?

Best bet is buy one box and see. Some guns are very OAL sensitive and others not so much.

My rifle reloads are all set at 1.5" for a 147 gr. TC and they ran fine through a couple marlins, a 66 and a couple 73's

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Pretty much what everybody else said. Some '92s can be picky. However, if the spacing of the cartridge guide rails is correct, a '92 will feed most anything until a round gets ridiculous for short and the cartridge stop doesn't catch the follow-on round.

Only way you'll know is to load up a magazine full and ........ try 'em out!!

Coffinmaker

Pretty much what everybody else said. Some '92s can be picky. However, if the spacing of the cartridge guide rails is correct, a '92 will feed most anything until a round gets ridiculous for short and the cartridge stop doesn't catch the follow-on round.

Only way you'll know is to load up a magazine full and ........ try 'em out!!

Coffinmaker

Generally speaking shorter is more problematic than longer, unless you get too long for the carrier. Check your current rounds and estimate how much more room is available. I am betting the longest of the 125ers are shorter than 158 grainers. I know with my 92 if you go to short it throws them out the top.

I suppose you could just file down a couple of bullets to create the shorter OAL on your current cartridges as sort of a test. The bullet configuration won't be the same but it might reveal if your rifle has an issue with shorter rounds.

I ask Georgia Arms what the OAL of the 158gr was and they load them at 1.425.If they would have been 1.50 I would have gotten them.

Call Ten-X and see what there OAL is, worth a shot, it will be a long time if ever that Ammo Direct gets back in business, I know quite a few that ordered from them, sounds like maybe you should get into reloading your own

All for now JD Trampas

I got a 550 and I am just trying to get the rest of the stuff.

I'm taking a shot in guessing you're talking about 38's?If so,you might want to load them out to 357 length.I have a 92 that didn't like the shorter overall length of the 38.Kept spitting them out at the rate of about 2 for every 4 tries.Went to loading 357's and stopped that problem.You should be able to crimp the bullet at the 1st ring rather than the deepest set ring and come close to 357 length.Too be sure,try a load of standard seat and one of the longer bullet seat.

I tried to run some 1.43 throught it and it would hang up if the ran them fast.Thanks Wheelgun Luke he loaded me some 1.43. Ran 1.52 and it runs great. Got to got get my parts for my loader.

I think I have everything I need to get started.Got to get primers and lead.My ammo from ammo direct was 1.52 125gr.and my 92 was fine with them. I want to load the same for all my guns dont want to change weights or lengths for now.I will have more that I can handle with just one load.I ran some 1.50 125 gr. and both of my 92s ran them fine.

I was loading 158gr RNFP .38s to 1.47 and never had a jam, but I could feel a little resistance when levering. I just loaded a bunch of 125gr TC to 1.44 and they feed like there is nothing in the gun. I did the work on the gun myself with Nate's video. I think I'll be using the rest of my 158's in my pistols because the new ones feed so great in my 92.

Archived