SASS Wire Forum

Dang it! I got that itch again.

Grizzly Dave

Hi Grizz, :wub:

It wouldn't bother me as much as this dang poison oak. I was just getting over it and got it again yesterday. :angry:

Regards,

Allie

Dang Allie, sorry to hear about that. Where are you that you're picking it up so frequently?

In middle age, I've become hyper-sensitive to poison ivy (probably poison oak too). I've found Technu to be effective, especially when you think you've been exposed to PI or PO. It washes off the plant oils that soap and water can't. The sooner you use it, the better. It doesn't do much after the rash has developed.

Technu

If the rash is already present, Zanfel works well to relieve the itch. It's pretty expensive tho -- around $40+ for a tube. I've also found plain old ice packs numbs the itch for awhile when it gets that point where you're thinking you'd rather be dead. :)

Zanfel

Good luck to you, sweetie. I'm sympathetic!

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread, Grizz.

Didya buy it? huh huh didya??

:D

I dreamed of one for (oh, about) 5 years 'er so........

.....THen I finally broke down and ordered one the other day.

Mama Taft says I'm gonna sleep on the couch with it for a while, but........hey.......I gotz a purdy comfty couch. ;)

~EE(the doghouse kid)Taft~

PS, Auntie Allie, yer not 'spose ta roll around in that stuff!! :D

Buckhorn Woodie, glad to see I'm not the only dad slipping his college girl daughter a few bucks when mom isn't looking. :D

Well Mom was also doing the same thing when she thought I wasn't looking ...

I might ought to clean the irons I got. Pulled a cylinder out of one of my vaqueros tonight to take out to the shop to check some ammo I'm loading, dang is that thing DIRTY! Has some lead build up as well so that a 357 won't seat fully, I shoot 38s in it.

I'm off tomorrow so maybe I'll just drag out my CAS guns and give them a quick cleaning.

LOL Slim, I don't know that I'm even on my wifes favorite list.

The second one looks better to me, I'm not a fan of the wincam stock on the first one.

Thanks, Grizz, for the the leads. I agree. I'm not a big fan of the Wincam stock either. I like things that look a little more "traditional." Maybe that's why I like lever actions, single actions, and double-barrels. :)

I got something on sale on Ebay right now and it's doin' pretty good. 9 bids so far with 4+ days to go!

Soooo, sometime late next week...

A new Stoeger Coach Gun WILL BE MINE! Muuuhahahahahahhahahahaaaaaa! (rubs hands together diabolically).

===============================================

I've been doing the same thing. I started selling off collectibles I've accumulated over the years that I'm no longer interested in, and so far have sold off about $1500 worth of stuff on ebay. A big chunk of that went to buy a Schofield last November and now I'm in the hunt for a Uberti 1858 Remington conversion in .45 Colt. The rest will go toward in-progress gun work that I'd been putting off.

Another thing I've done that adds to Gun Fund is save up my loose change in a cookie dough bucket. When it gets full, I take it to the bank and it's usually $70 to $80 worth.

I work part time in a gun shop/range 2 days a week. Talk about itching! Dagnabbit I handle the darn things and I wind up wanting guns I never thought I'd want! Currently thinkin about that Montaldo, Then I'd hafta git another one and then start reloading .45 when I'm all set up fer .44-40. I keep talkin myself outta this!:blink:

We're sick!:lol:

=====================================================

When I worked the gun counter at the local Gander Mountain, I'd get to drooling over some of the stuff we'd take in trade or buy outright, especially some of the great old guns that came from estates that the heirs didn't care about and only wanted the money they would bring. The one that did follow me home is the just barely used 1979 vintage .308 Ruger M77 with 22 inch barrel and 99.9% finish. It's the most accurate deer rifle I have, and the best looking one too.

Hi Grizz, :wub:

It wouldn't bother me as much as this dang poison oak. I was just getting over it and got it again yesterday. :angry:

Regards,

Allie

Hey Allie ya gotta stop crawling around in the woods!!!! :lol: How'd ya git poison oak twice??????????:blink: Rye

===============================================

I've been doing the same thing. I started selling off collectibles I've accumulated over the years that I'm no longer interested in, and so far have sold off about $1500 worth of stuff on ebay. A big chunk of that went to buy a Schofield last November and now I'm in the hunt for a Uberti 1858 Remington conversion in .45 Colt. The rest will go toward in-progress gun work that I'd been putting off.

Another thing I've done that adds to Gun Fund is save up my loose change in a cookie dough bucket. When it gets full, I take it to the bank and it's usually $70 to $80 worth.

Are we related somehow?

I have been doing the same stuff for a couple of years now.

Two years ago I sold off a bunch of collectibles on ebay to buy my CAS guns as well. I'm happy with what I got, just want to add some more to the mix.

My problem is I'm about out of collectibles to sell.

I'll have to go digging around in the depths of my closets and the attic soon.

What you get Al?

Got me a .243

Wanted a bolt action gun. Never had one. Always been a lever man. Even before SASS.

Did not want one that would hurt my shoulder if I took it to the range and shot it

much in one day. Main job will be to shoot paper targets.

Found one cheap enough to satisfy my itch and not hurt to much. (shoulder or pocket book)

Have shot it once. GREAT little shooter. :rolleyes:

BUT.

Now I need something else.

Gun show tomorrow. Going to take a Springfield XD, and a M&P 1522 and try and sell.

Need a back up Marlin for the wife. And I would sure like to have another SKB.

Because the wife has taken over the one I bought for myself.

Was going to get the wife's Marlin first.

But she is not willing to sell anything she has. Like that Browning Gold Sporting Clays

that she has not shot in 8 years to help get it.

So if I am going to have to sell some on mine to buy. It will be replace the SKB she took from me. :ph34r:

But going to take more than that XD and M&P to get it done. :(

But it's a start.

I got the itch to buy another gun, but don't have the cash to scratch that itch. Don't cha just hate that???

even after scratching the itch last Saturday I went in today to see the gun I ordered & do the paper work ...And I started shaking,squirming and itching real bad so I bought a 97....It helped for about an hour...but no use I am starting to itch again...I feel a long gun in 45LC coming on :rolleyes:

Are we related somehow?

I have been doing the same stuff for a couple of years now.

====================================

I just started selling stuff on ebay last fall. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the original list of stuff I made up to sell, but I keep running across stuff to add to it when I get to digging around in closets and the garage and sheds.

Well... Scratched the itch... Stoeger 20 ga. Coach Gun with single trigger. Now I have my own battery, a few more things and I will have enough to get started.

I'm anxiously waiting on a gun belt and then a hat. I asked for hat for my birthday, and I think Mrs. Doc will get me a Resistol straw so she can also be seen with me at a Quarter Horse show with it for now.

Probably need to scratch my head and figure out what to do about a gun cart. Then back-ups. Then further develop a persona if I get really involved... Apparently it never ends.

I'm guessing Cortaid won't help, huh?

Well... Scratched the itch... Stoeger 20 ga. Coach Gun with single trigger. Now I have my own battery, a few more things and I will have enough to get started.

I'm anxiously waiting on a gun belt and then a hat. I asked for hat for my birthday, and I think Mrs. Doc will get me a Resistol straw so she can also be seen with me at a Quarter Horse show with it for now.

Probably need to scratch my head and figure out what to do about a gun cart. Then back-ups. Then further develop a persona if I get really involved... Apparently it never ends.

I'm guessing Cortaid won't help, huh?

Sounds Like your well on your way, Pard. Great talkin' with ya the other night!!

BTW, thanks kindly from the Taft Clan for your service to our country. :FlagAm:

~EE Taft~

I'm starting my third year of playing cowboy, don't have any backups yet nor have I needed them. Don't stop me from getting the itch to buy more guns though :D

For a hat try the goodwill, Salvation army, or other thrift stores, can find good deals there on hats that have already been "aged".

Sounds Like your well on your way, Pard. Great talkin' with ya the other night!!

BTW, thanks kindly from the Taft Clan for your service to our country. :FlagAm:

~EE Taft~

Yes it was. If not for kids, I think I could have yammered on until my cell battery died!

And thank you and the rest of the clan.

:lol::lol::lol:

Once I start talkin' I don't quit!!

Especially when it comes to cowboy stuff!!

~EE Taft~

Well dang it. A friend had told me he wanted to buy my 18 ft dovetail car hauler trailer, told him how much I thought it was worth and told him to check around to verify my price and then we could talk. He definitely wanted it. Fast forward a month and I finally corner him and ask, well now he can't afford it. I was counting on that cash to pay the rest of the tuition bill for this semester for daughter grizz. Was kinda hoping there might even be enough left to do something fun with, wonderful. Been storing it out at his place, so I guess I'll go fetch it home and get it up on Craigslist and see if I can get it sold. I hate having to sell toys to pay bills. Only way I've gotten toys the last few years is to sell other toys first. Now I'm selling toys to pay bills. This sucks.

Ok, rant over, guess I'm just a bit down tonight.

Now back to your regularly scheduled itch scratching.

Grizz

Griz,

Been there, done that too. I wouldn't have been able to afford the gear I am getting for CAS had it not been for getting rid of some things. Had to pay a few bills that way too. Keep your chin up!

Grizz

I went to a gun show this last weekend ,did not find anything to drag home . Priced way to high for everything , no reloading stuff to be had . Oh well that is the way it goes .

I know for sure about selling toys to pay bills , it sure enough stinks to do it . I have come to relize that I can get by with less materal things as long as I can pay the bills ,and I have friends to pick me up and kick me in the right direction every now and then .

CB

Archived