SASS Wire Forum

A Chance to Upgrade to a 73

Smithy

I'm now testing the waters with a 20" Beretta God Rush in 45LC, and praying it will prove reliable

Inside track, Preacher? Where can us mere "members of the flock" get one of these God Models?

I also shoot 'em all: original '73 in .32, original '92 in .38, Uberti '73 in .357, Uberti 1860 in .45 and Rossi '92 in .357. The toggle-actions are easiert to slicken but the '92s can also be made to run pretty quick. The original shouldered rounds feed smoother then the straighter modern cartridges (don't knock it if you aint tried it), but they are more difficult to reload.

I appreciate stages that are set up to minimize the advantage held by slicked up rifles where shooters have to move to targets for each round.

I appreciate the variety of guns brought to the matches, the same as it was in the olden days.

How many of us woudl carry what we shoot if we were dropped in 1875 Kansas or 1895 Alaska?

I appreciate stages that are set up to minimize the advantage held by slicked up rifles where shooters have to move to targets for each round.

I appreciate the variety of guns brought to the matches, the same as it was in the olden days.

How many of us woudl carry what we shoot if we were dropped in 1875 Kansas or 1895 Alaska?

Tom would you believe me if I told you I shoot 2 five shot sweeps faster than I can a double tap sweep of 5 targets with tha rifle? Its true as I don't lose tha time startin an stoppin tha gun for tha double tap.I'm sure that would ghange if tha targets were real wide apart. Same wid tha pistol. Tha fastest stage I've ever shot was at ONSP 24rds with no more than one round on a target 10-10=4 11.87 JM Brown timing. Not braggin just pointing out sumptin. And yes I'd go ta Kansas or in town in Alaska wid what I shoot in any match.

RRR

Archived