SASS Wire Forum

WARNING WARNING WARNING!

GunClick Rick

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS i JUST GOT BURNED FOR 29.00 AND CHANGE

Aparently several banks so far.Wife was checking our account and found a charge from this website

http://www.ripoffrep...s-red-bf87f.htm

BBU Silver Springs Nevada called our bank and was told this has been happenning alot latelymthey even had our address wrong.

We never do E.Checking either..

Hey Deja got any ideas?

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS i JUST GOT BURNED FOR 29.00 AND CHANGE

Aparently several banks so far.Wife was checking our account and found a charge from this website

http://www.ripoffrep...s-red-bf87f.htm

BBU Silver Springs Nevada called our bank and was told this has been happenning alot latelymthey even had our address wrong.

We never do E.Checking either..

Hey Deja got any ideas?

The only Ideas I have is watch you bank account and watch it close if you do online banking or card purchases. I myself was scammed recently on my accoutn with BOa.. BUT USB can be hit too, not the bank. but rathery u usually or heritage something like that.. (heritage was a place that sold aftermarket checks). These people are good, really good Gunslicks.. but my bank and most banks do give you the funds bank. I keep money in more than one account, and I never link then I could care less if that is a pain or not for my bank. If they hack your card they my hack access to your savings... So, I play it safe, keep cash with Dad just in case in a safe so I have some to weather the storm. Honestly, they can steal your wallet, or hack your accounts... so there is nothing 100% out there.. Course I have found that out in most of my life.. I just keep believing I am wrong cuz it is a fun game for me to have my water glass 100% full with dreams and wishes.. lol Hows that beautiful grandchild?

Thanks Deja for the info,we check all the time as we pay bills online but i gues they get ya sooner or later,yea the bank refunded.

I been baby sittin alot lately as the little booger came down with some congestion,normal baby stuff and the duaghter has been stayin over here and we been takin turns feedin and such.I was a little nervous at first,but it all came back to me.She initiated me today,i was wipin booty and she hit me with the pooty,almost had 'er' cleaned and phphphphphphphph she shot me! :lol: Had to do a double ditey :blink: I have relearned to make formula,warmin it just right,burp,and change :wub::wub::ph34r: sheeeeeewwyyyyyyyy :ph34r: I have to tell ya though,they got more possibles for babies now than i ever seen,man all i had was a metal stroller with wooden beads to play with and was glad to have it :P She's doin better today,i get to sleep tonight :) Thank you mam for askin..See her little bueaty mark on her shoulder? :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunclickrick/GlamourMac022.jpg

Thanks Deja for the info,we check all the time as we pay bills online but i gues they get ya sooner or later,yea the bank refunded.

I been baby sittin alot lately as the little booger came down with some congestion,normal baby stuff and the duaghter has been stayin over here and we been takin turns feedin and such.I was a little nervous at first,but it all came back to me.She initiated me today,i was wipin booty and she hit me with the pooty,almost had 'er' cleaned and phphphphphphphph she shot me! :lol: Had to do a double ditey :blink: I have relearned to make formula,warmin it just right,burp,and change :wub::wub::ph34r: sheeeeeewwyyyyyyyy :ph34r: I have to tell ya though,they got more possibles for babies now than i ever seen,man all i had was a metal stroller with wooden beads to play with and was glad to have it :P She's doin better today,i get to sleep tonight :) Thank you mam for askin..See her little bueaty mark on her shoulder? :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunclickrick/GlamourMac022.jpg

She is so cute gunclicks.. you are so lucky.. I did not have children, well lost the only one I ever was able to concieve there are problems in being a bit too thin.. oh, well.. so I will never have grandkids either of course.. but I can realy enjoy everyone elses.. lol.. Thanks for the post..

She is so cute gunclicks.. you are so lucky.. I did not have children, well lost the only one I ever was able to concieve there are problems in being a bit too thin.. oh, well.. so I will never have grandkids either of course.. but I can realy enjoy everyone elses.. lol.. Thanks for the post..

Come on over gal and rock away~~~Buuurp..Pretty soon i have to sit two days a week,in about 4 weeks from now,i'm gonna get me a mammy outfit.. :P Darn duaghter of mine wants me to wait hand and foot on her too.It ain't fittin,it just ain't fittin! :lol:

Come on over gal and rock away~~~Buuurp..Pretty soon i have to sit two days a week,in about 4 weeks from now,i'm gonna get me a mammy outfit.. :P Darn duaghter of mine wants me to wait hand and foot on her too.It ain't fittin,it just ain't fittin! :lol:

Yes it is fittin.. lol.. Or at least you love it.. lol.. Congrats.. Gunclicks.. you have a loving family..and in my book having a home with love in it is all that really matters.. guess you knew that huh? lol

Your link did not work. I check all my accounts frequently.

Even if you don't have electronic checking you should keep an eye on your accounts. Scammers can misuse your paper checks too. It's easier now too since you don't get your paper checks back.

there was a report back in June that smacks of this $29.00 bit

the scammers set up a bunch of phony merchant accounts and then started running off small charges to stolen credit card numbers with the funds credited to the phony accounts

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062810-ftc-says-scammers-stole-millions.html et.al.

all they had to do was set up the phony merchant accounts and voilla! they could dr any account electronically and cr the phony account via electronic ACH

this is because these transactions do not need to be authenticated

of course when you find the $29.00 bad charge on your account you call the Dept. of No Service ( as Clark Howard calls it ) and get the run-around for a while and give up on the 29 bucks

some system we got here. it was created for System/360 and is now hopelessly obsolete. in this day and age there is NO EXCUSE for not properly authenticating transactions: Public Key Encryption has been around for decades.

<rant />

now I need another whisky and put it on Flint's tab. better yet make that a Round for the House!

~GW~

Your link did not work. I check all my accounts frequently.

Even if you don't have electronic checking you should keep an eye on your accounts. Scammers can misuse your paper checks too. It's easier now too since you don't get your paper checks back.

Yup - check my accounts everyday. Have had a few issues in my lifetime, but they all have been nipped in the bud, and monies returned ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Dealt with the bank today,and they could give a hoot,like it was a normal thing,they give my money back go after them for the money but don't have resources to prosecute.Had to sign an affidavitt and give my thumbprint,i asked if she was gonna handcuff me and i wasn't smilin when i asked :angry::FlagAm:

Man we got major problems in this country boy!So far i've gone to the doc sick and they took my picture with puter cam and the doctor sat there and talked to her lap top like i wasn't there now this...We need to change this baby,the diaper is full! (that's grandpa talk) :P

"Dealt with the bank today,and they could give a hoot,like it was a normal thing"

it IS a "normal thing" for them: twenty cents per $100 commerce is "normal loss to fraud". as long as the twenty cents is less than the cost to correct security the problem will continue

the remedy is to require transactions to be authenticated. this can be done. i think I have an essay on the topic. i'll dig around for it and if i find it i'll re-post it to my web site ( napfn.com/homepage.htm )

"Dealt with the bank today,and they could give a hoot,like it was a normal thing"

it IS a "normal thing" for them: twenty cents per $100 commerce is "normal loss to fraud". as long as the twenty cents is less than the cost to correct security the problem will continue

the remedy is to require transactions to be authenticated. this can be done. i think I have an essay on the topic. i'll dig around for it and if i find it i'll re-post it to my web site ( napfn.com/homepage.htm )

I'd like to read that.Thanks

I'd like to read that.Thanks

OK, let's see if this works. the original was posted on IEv:

Rethinking PCI

I'll re-write this for my web-site but this gets the general idea in the air: the banking process needs to be changed so that it sends you an invoice rather than you giving them your account number

you can then encrypt the invoice together with authorization for payment and send it to the payment card industry (PCI or ACH) which can then return the paid invoice and EFT to the merchant.

the merchant would never have your account number so hackers can't get it from him.

this process would dramatically reduce the attack surface in addition to adding a requirement that payments have to be authorized by you rather than by anyone with a merchant account.

Archived