SASS Wire Forum

NEW SHOTGUN!

The Indiana kidd

Howdy everyone,

Just got an IAC 1887 shotgun, traded it for a double barrel I had... I really like it, shot it for the first time the other day and love how it cycles! great gun. I did have one question about it... can it shoot slugs? I've just been shootin bird shot out of it right know, and would like to get some buck shot for it. thanks for everyones help!

Howdy everyone,

Just got an IAC 1887 shotgun, traded it for a double barrel I had... I really like it, shot it for the first time the other day and love how it cycles! great gun. I did have one question about it... can it shoot slugs? I've just been shootin bird shot out of it right know, and would like to get some buck shot for it. thanks for everyones help!

I'm not sure about the new ones, but the older 20" barrelled guns were "cylinder bore", meaning NO choking ......

............................. load up them slugs an' hang on ...

:)

The Foster slug, the soft lead "rifled slug" or "punkinball" can be shot through even full choked barrels, but usually shoot more accurately through cylinder or improved cylinder bores.

If you have the IAC with the Cylinder bore you will be fine. The guns are made to shoot modern type ammo and will with stand the pressure.

Archived