SASS Wire Forum

New Heading on this wire

Rye Miles #13621

I'm not crazy about the car on the top of the Wire. I know the movie and blah blah blah but I just don't think it belongs heading the wire. I think the WB could come up with sumthin more "old west" than that! :blink:

Whady'all think? Yea or Nay?

I like the Delorean, but the Back to the Future movies have always been some of my favorites. I think that the slogan fits.

To expand on why I think the slogan fits:

You have to remember that it is an advertisment for SASS. It isn't necessarily for us since we would come to these boards no matter what the banner is. The banner is an advertisment to entise people that were interested enough to drop by. It is nice imagery: Hop in a time machine and experience the old west, but in a friendly and unthreatening "Back to the Future" way, not a dirty scary "Deadwood" way.

When I think "old west" and time machine at the same time, I come up with an image of an outhouse with wires and tubes and such hung on the outside.

Two parts of the slogan, OLD WEST, and TIME MACHINE, no reason the visual couldn't just be OLD WEST.

All that said, I don't much care. I would however like to see a different color scheme. I would suggest maybe trying several, one on each different forum, and see what folks like.

Grizz

Two parts of the slogan, OLD WEST, and TIME MACHINE, no reason the visual couldn't just be OLD WEST.

Grizz

BINGO!!! We have a winner.

Howdy

I agree. I love the Back to the Future movies, and I think III is the best of the three, but I think the DeLorean looks out of place.

How about this:

Time Machine

Or this:

Locomotive pushing DeLorean

Or even this:

Sepia Version

Anything that is before 1890 would be much better. This sport of ours is still growing by leaps and bounds and a lot of us old guys(I'm 63)don't think that a lot of people might visit our site that have no idea what a DeLoren is unless they purchased one with the trunk full of cocaine. Back to the future was over thirty years ago and was a great series of movies. It has no place on our forum and we are selling a idea for a sport that involves shooting not time machines.

Don't care for the car either, but at least by reading the posts here I discover that the car is from one of the baack to the future movies. Not being a big fan of those movies I did not recognize it. At least it makes the car make a little sense for the slogan.

I can accept the slogan because our game is one built around the idea of fantasy, but IMO the car just takes away from the site. Maybe a pony express rider chasing a steam locomotive that is chasing a modern train, but the car just sort of jumps out at me....as someone mentioned, like one of those disliked pop-ups.

Howdy,

How about Delorian Gun Carts??

I like the car and might have to try one.

What does 1.21 gigawatts cost?

Some guy actually converts delorians to look like the bttf machine-cool.

Best

CR

I love "Back to the Future 3" and sent this ad to Wild Shot for consideration. Haven't heard back yet and may not. It's their call on what works. Anyway, thought this might be fun and hopefully without stepping on the spirit of their creation.

Delorean revision submission

What car?

I do not have any car advertising here.

Oh, wait, that because I have AdBlock & can send any pesky ads & pop-ups to the hell they came from.

Chrome (or Firefox) & AdBlock.

Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer.

I don't like the Car being there Either.......

First time I opened this page after the revamp ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I shut it down ,,,,,

I thought I had gotten some kind-off weird "Pop-UP"

I didn't reconize it as a "Cowboy" site .....

And I still dislike that car being there ,,,,,,,,,,,, deminisses the Cowboy feel ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived