SASS Wire Forum

Western guns by Beretta

Mack Hacker, #60477

I heard Friday that the Beretta Stampedes are no longer made. I went to the Beretta website and all the links are still there but they lead to deadends for all models of the Stampede and the Gold Rush. Did I miss some announcement?

Maybe they realized that SASS is a tough crowd to please.

Not that all sales would go to SASS/CAS, but they are a major spring board for sales. Just as LE and Military sales are a major spring board for tactical arms.

Thus, maybe their time, manpower and tooling could better used in other endeavers.

Haven't heard any "official" announcements but ...... your results wouldn't surprise me. Baretta's Cowboy offerings haven't ben stellar performers either on the range or in sales. Of course, if they don't shoot well, folks quit buying them.

Coffinmaker

Haven't heard any "official" announcements but ...... your results wouldn't surprise me. Baretta's Cowboy offerings haven't ben stellar performers either on the range or in sales. Of course, if they don't shoot well, folks quit buying them.

Coffinmaker

Coffinmaker, I suspect the reason Beretta's cowboy guns don't sell is because Beretta puts their metalic logo on the grips or stock. Those logos aren't cowboy!

I owned a pair of the Beretta Bisleys for a short time...

I have to admit mine were nice to look at... that's about it though

too bad they didn't leave the internals alone and just go with the original lockwork of a Colt style SAA

They tried improving in the wrong way

Stopped and talked to the Beretta people while at the SHOT Show and they no longer make any cowboy rifles. However, they are going to continue to offer the Stampede. They have hired a new person that will oversee the Stampede product line. I told her the first thing that needs to go is the transfer bar and she said that was directed by Beretta's lawyers. I said that seemed a bit odd since Uberti and Beretta are owned by the same campany and Uberti does not put transfer bars in their single actions. At any rate she said she was anxious to hear some feedback from cowboy shooters. I forgot her name, but she was a very nice lady and I'm sure if anyone is interested they can send a note to Beretta USA. The fit and finish on the guns they had displayed were very nice.

My son and I each have a pair of Stampedes, and have had 'em for years.

Minor timing problems with mine when new, but easily corrected. The Kid's have never had a hiccup.

Archived