SASS Wire Forum

This may be a don't ask don't tell kind of thing...

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grizz what the heck did you get started :wacko:

Don't have a dog in this fight.. here in Illinois we don't get to carry concealed... :angry: but my thoughts anyhow..

I feel completely safe on any club range shooting CAS... There are lots of fast and furious friends with guns and ammo about..

I feel that if someone was carrying a Concealed weapon WITH a license.. on a SASS range, it wouldn't bother me much..

But I do feel strongly about not respecting the club rules at the place we are shooting at... and to this point the CC should be put away til after the match..

If we had concealed carry in my state.. I'd take the course and carry..

But at a CAS shooting match.. it would be locked away.. with respect to the club..

Rance ^_^

took my little thinkin' face away :angry:

Bart,

According to the Federal Law the state must specify in law or code that private parties can prohibit LEOs from CC. Your asking a question is not an answer. So, I ask, what states do that?

Range rules can trump SASS rules. So, I don't understand why a Federal law could not also trump SASS rules. For example, at some ranges a round over the berm is a MDQ, at some ranges you cannot place a shell in the SG before stopping or incur a SDQ... IIUC this Federal law is to ensure the safety of a LEO and as such would also trump SASS rules.

Duke, no one would question a uniformed LEO at a SASS match or stadium with a loaded gun. So, I would think the law is referring to off duty officers. Also, unless a State law says a LEO must not CC at Pacer stadium or private parties can make rules regarding when LEOs may CC, it seems to me, according to Federal Law "They are free to disregard all other state and local laws that govern the carrying of concealed firearms."

Regards,

Allie Mo :ph34r:

I think we are mixing apples and oranges. The last I looked SASS regulations were not state or local laws. With recognized exeptions, SASS has a right to say how someone will or will not play it's game. If you show me a Federal law that says SASS doesn't have the right to probhit a person with a loaded CCW from playing its game, I will reconsider.

HOW MANY OF YOU ALL HAVE YOUR TARGET SASS SHOOTING LOADS THE EQUAL OF SELF DEFENSE LOADS?

Mine are the equivalent of 1880 self defense loads. :lol:

Our home range is a fairly large shooting facility with many ranges and disciplines. The rules for CCW on a shooting range will vary widely with the facility. Here is a direct quote from our range's membership handbook:

A. Handguns: The carrying of handguns outside of a case or gun rug is permitted only under the

following listed conditions. In all other cases handguns must be carried on TCGC property

in a gun rug, box, gun case or similar closed device.

1. Concealed Carry- Concealed carry is permitted for individuals entitled to carry a

concealed handgun under Oregon or federal statute.

2. Loaded Open Holster Carry- is permitted for uniformed law enforcement officers or

law enforcement members openly displaying their department/agency badge,

and uniformed military.

3. Unloaded Open Holster Carry- only shooters on the Action Range may carry empty

handguns holstered. The gun’s hammer must be down and magazine well empty.

This is also covered when you go through the new member orientation. The way they put it is something like this, "Concealed means exactly that, if the gun becomes openly visible at any time, you must obey all range rules with it. Otherwise leave it concealed and it remains nobody's business but yours."

This is a very fair approach and works well. 2nd ammendment rights are maintained and so is range safety.

Mine are the equivalent of 1880 self defense loads. :lol:

Same here....

..regarding CCW at the shoots...I actually feel the local match here is the safest place there is in society, so I feel there is no need for it for me. Others may do as they wish if'n it's legal.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

HOW MANY OF YOU ALL HAVE YOUR TARGET SASS SHOOTING LOADS THE EQUAL OF SELF DEFENSE LOADS?

Actually how many of your smokeless loads match a 45 Colt full of blackpowder?

And I have all that smoke to hide behide. :ph34r:

Archived