SASS Wire Forum

Handi rifle

Guest diablo slim shootist

I am looking to buy a used H&R hadi rifle in 38/55 or 45/70

for Plainsmen -anyone got one to sell or trade ? :D

Try Greybeards forum for H&R rifles. They sell the 38-55's fairly often but old onto your wallet. They are not cheap!

Briscoe Darling jr has one for sale on the SASS classifieds right now, in 45-70.

Briscoe Darling jr has one for sale on the SASS classifieds right now, in 45-70.

Hes way to proud of that one!!! ;)

Hes way to proud of that one!!! ;)

While the base price of his rifle seems a little high, you must remember, they don't make that caliber anymore, and he does have some pretty pricey extras with it. Sights aren't cheap.

I bought one off this wire last year, it was used, but nice, and since the inital purchase, I have added around $250.00 for good sights. All in all, he's not that proud of it. MHO(38-55 is soooo much nicer to shoot than 45-70)

Al

Diablo Slim

I have a nearly new Handi Rifle in 45-70 I want to sell. This has the shorter barrel(not a Buffalo Classic) has a post front sight and a rear flat-top sight. The sights are SASS legal. Nearly brand new it has fired 29 rounds, no nicks or dings. The guy I bought it from loaded some very hot rounds(about 2300 fps)and didn't like the recoil.

Perfect Plainsman rifle, I don't own a C&B guns and don't plan on buying any. Sell for $255.00 plus $15.00 freight. Comes with box, owners manual and I think warranty card.

Marlin Buckhorn

Try Greybeards forum for H&R rifles. They sell the 38-55's fairly often but old onto your wallet. They are not cheap!

The Greybeards site has so many forums I can't find anything. As a matter of curiosity what are they selling for?

I found the post and enjoyed the friendly banter about pride and price. Fact is if you take and add it up the other way

and start with the rifle

Rifle alone I have seen a few used ones go for 300.00

Lee Shaver Midrange Sight 225.00

Shaver custom mount plate 35.00

Install Sight 95.00 The Rear sight is precision milled into the wood and Acraglassed in place to be straight and true is no simple job.

Tigger Job 65.00 made a big improvement

Hammer Extension 15.00

H&R Scope Base 35.00 w/ Frt

Your at 770.00 and add 25.00 shipping = 795.00 plus all the research and running to the gun smith and the waiting for it to get done.

Yes I might be proud but look at the details and it looks like a deal I wish I could have gotten when I bought it .

750.00 shipped to your FFL looks right nice to me.

Thanks for listening

Briscoe

I got my Handi 45-70 about a year ago on Gunbroker, from a pawn shop somewhere in Mississippi. Brand new, the price was a bit under $300, counting shipping and dealer fee. All the expensive extras are not really necessary. I have made a few cosmetic changes that involved more time than money. Great shooter.

I have a standard wood stocked .45-70 Handi, absolutely new in the box, for $265, shipped. If your dealer won't accept from an individual, add another $20 to that.

What something is worth is just what someone will pay for it. The trouble with doing ANY modifcations to a gun is to find someone who wants the same thing. Kinda like fixing up your house to sell it. Get it all cleaned up and repainted, sell it, and the first thing the new ownes do is repaint!

There is a "Big" difference between a Handi rifle, and the Buffalo Classic. I have owned both, and Briscoe's is a Great buy with everything he's got to go with it. JMHO

Bump for a good pard! B)

Archived