SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Pedersoli Lightning Carbine/Rifle in 38/357

Greetings Netizens

I am looking for a carbine to tempt my Lovely Spousal Unit into joining in the game. She has expressed her interest in an Uberti

Pedersoli Lightning, octagonal barrel, in 38/357; anything that will hold 10 rounds or longer would be dandy. She is quite explicit in her desire for an Uberti Pedersoli only, and explicitly desires the ability to use .357 as well.

(terribly sorry, my lovely spousal unit drew my attention to the needed correction from Uberti to Pedersoli...)

We would prefer FTF somewhere within say 300 miles or so of Founder's Ranch (NM) in order to handle/ fondle/ try out/ shake hands/ visit with other's familial members, etc, etc.

I will attempt to enquire at our local clubs but my attendance has been terribly sporadic of late (ie virtually none) for oh so many "day-life" reasons.

pm or email is dandy.

thanks for your consideration

yhs

prof marvel

Guest diablo slim shootist

Not the gun I would choose to start out a new shooter! :o

a Marlin carbine is a better choice! Less problems

on jaming and very light to handle.There are even beter

Lightn rifles -if you find one she likes contact dead eye Dallas sass# 60249

and he can make it run without jaming ;)

Wish i was i could do FTF with you. I have a Beretta Gold Rush i would let go at a good price. Only thing is it's a round barrel. It's made by Uberti. Like the others

have said it's not a good gun to start with, as they do jam?

Rudy here in St Louis Mo.

My thanks gentlemen for your replies -

whilst I concurr with the realities of speed & functionality , on a sojourn out of town My Lovely Spousal Unit became enamoured with the weight, balance, and pump action of the Lightning Rifle (just like her favorite shotgun!), and has determined by her own independant research that Pedersoli (and I was forced to modify my original post!) manufactures the one true Object of her Desire. I have achieved over 20 years of happy marriage by knowing when she is right :-)

Fortunately neither of us are deluded that we will ever be fast (Me shooting percussion C&B Navies kinda defines slowness ) thus balance and handling weigh in more heavily than action speed :-)

yhs

prof marvel

I shoot with a couple, Old Saddlebags and Luscious Liza, who both shoot box stock Pedersolis and their rifles work flawlessly. He has the full size rifle and she has the carbine. Both of their rifles are chambered for .44-40, I haven't seen anyone shooting the Pedersoli in a straight walled caliber, but the bottleneck cartridge version works fine from what I have seen and heard. Liza is also a fairly new shooter.

I shoot with a couple, Old Saddlebags and Luscious Liza, who both shoot box stock Pedersolis and their rifles work flawlessly. He has the full size rifle and she has the carbine. Both of their rifles are chambered for .44-40, I haven't seen anyone shooting the Pedersoli in a straight walled caliber, but the bottleneck cartridge version works fine from what I have seen and heard. Liza is also a fairly new shooter.

My 45 handles the straight walled cartidges just fine. There is a little blow-back, but I am told most of that can be eliminated by going from 200gr to 250gr bullets.

Archived