SASS Wire Forum

Brass Shotgun Shells

klw

Has Hammer Double gone out of business? I couldn't find their web site just now.

And who besides them would make loading tools for brass shotgun shells?

klw 31116

P.S. Anyone make a slug mould for the 410?

Most of us use homemade tools.

MEC makes a adaptor kit for the 600 Jr. type press. You must call and request this kit as it is not a stock catalog item. It is for 12 ga., however it works also for 16 ga.

BTW; Hammer Double is no more.

Rocky Mountain Cartridge, makers of high end brass shotshells (they are lathe turned out of brass bar stock and beefy as all get out) also make a custom hand reloading set up for brass shotshells. The intent is to use original fiber wads and to glue/not crimp the final overshot wad in place. This link I am giving you is one directly to their reloading kit page. You can maneuver to and fro to their other products once you are there if you wish. Best of luck. As a note; If you do purchase Rocky Mountain Cartridge brass, it will last basically forever unless you happen to loose a shell or intentionally destroy one. http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/Shot_Shell_Instructions.pdf Smithy.

Rocky Mountain Cartridge, makers of high end brass shotshells (they are lathe turned out of brass bar stock and beefy as all get out) also make a custom hand reloading set up for brass shotshells. The intent is to use original fiber wads and to glue/not crimp the final overshot wad in place. This link I am giving you is one directly to their reloading kit page. You can maneuver to and fro to their other products once you are there if you wish. Best of luck. As a note; If you do purchase Rocky Mountain Cartridge brass, it will last basically forever unless you happen to loose a shell or intentionally destroy one. http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/Shot_Shell_Instructions.pdf Smithy.

I have 25 of their 10 Gauge brass shells. I haven't shot them yet as I'm still restoring the old 10 Ga. double but they are no doubt of top quality.

SCG

Your best bet is to buy one of the old Lee shotgun loading kits. They contain all you will need and may be bought for around $30 or less. I found a few on flea bay. I have no trouble loading them but you must remember if you buy the Mag tec hulls you should buy all your wads a size larger. Call Circle Fly and he can advise you.

Archived