SASS Wire Forum

Spring parts for a TTN 1878 Shotgun

Tres Pinos #1702

Tres Pinos I have had mine for about four years,this past May my left side main spring just went south. It wouldn't set off factory Featherlights, called Cimarron and ordered replacements they were in stock. Adios Sgt. Jake

Hey, I need some help, my TTN 1878 hammered shotgun is in need a left sear spring. Who sells or where can I get a set of springs.

Thanks, Tres Pinos

Parts for the TTN 1878's were iffy there for awhile but you might check with Cimarron. Or, change it to a piano wire spring. It will outlast those flat springs forever.

TTN with PIANO WIRE SEAR SPRING

TTN with PIANO WIRE SEAR SPRING again

OK Nate, is that a home er smith made spring?

If so what diameter of piano wire was used?

If not wher can I getem?

Doc McGee

Parts for the TTN 1878's were iffy there for awhile but you might check with Cimarron. Or, change it to a piano wire spring. It will outlast those flat springs forever.

Nate Best idea for sear springs,always thought if mine broke that's how I would replace them. I remember seeing you had posted them before and filed the idea in my noggin. Thanks Sgt. Jake

OK Nate, is that a home er smith made spring?

If so what diameter of piano wire was used?

If not wher can I getem?

Doc McGee

Hi Doc,

I offer these as an option when I do the TTN action work. They are handmade. I don't sell them at this time because I'm up to eyeballs in other projects right now. As you can see they aren't hard to make, but you will need to do some clearance-ing to fit it. As for wire size, I have no idea. I buy bulk assortments and just grab one that looks about right.

Thanks CM

Archived