SASS Wire Forum

SOLD SOLD SOLD DON'T LOOK SOLD

For serious Cowboy Action shooting competitors who want a lightning-fast carbine, this 1894 Cowboy Competition is the perfect choice. This model is chambered in 38 Special. (NOT .357) It is “factory-tuned” to meet the demands of competitive shooters, and features a 20" octagon barrel for quick sight alignment, and a western-style straight-grip walnut stock. Sights are traditional Marble adjustable semi-buckhorn rear and Marble carbine front. The receiver, bolt, trigger guard plate and lever of the 38 Special are color case-hardened for an authentic 19th Century look. To accommodate tang sight installation, the serial number is located on the left side of the receiver.

Caliber 38 Special*

Capacity 10-shot tubular magazine

Action Lever action with squared finger lever; side ejection; color case hardened receiver, bolt, trigger guard plate and lever; solid top receiver; hammer block safety.

Stock Straight-grip American black walnut; hard rubber butt plate; tough Mar-Shield finish; blued steel fore-end cap.

Barrel Tapered octagon with deep-cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves).

Twist Rate 1:16" r.h.

Sights Adjustable Marble semi-buckhorn rear, Marble carbine front sight. Serial number is on left side of receiver, instead of tang, allowing custom installation of a tang sight by a competent gunsmith.

Overall Length 37.5"

Weight 6.5 lbs.

Purchased new in 2003. Fired 1 box of ammo. LIKE NEW IN BOX.

$895 plus $30 shipping to continental U.S. address. No trades.

http://www.use.com/067cd2c500d2fdbc926a

I borrowed one of these from my brother, the Hackensack Kid, with an eye toward purchasing. Using 2f APP loaded(slight compression) .38 SP cases with 125 grain RNFP bullets; it was smokin' accurate :excl: and a real joy to shoot. Could not afford to pay him what it was worth so he took it home. I'd almost put my AWA Lightning in the safe to use that rifle all of the time. To those that don't know me; that is sayin' something! :ph34r:

YMMV.

nice looking Marlin.

Don't be too hard on those guys who always seem to feel obligated to interject some sort of negativity in everyone else's ads. It's been my experience that somebody ALWAYS does it, and often the same folks. While it's good to call them out on it and suggest that they cease and desist, I, myself have to try to remember that it may not be that they are bad guys, it just may be that what they are drinking that's bad. Similarly, having dealt with a lot of ailing senior citizens, I know that there are a lot of comments made by otherwise really good folks who are under the influence of medicines or are the victim of hard arteries or other illness' that might adversely effect their behavior. Anyway, thanks for the support from all you other cowboys who know the value of a good gun when you see it.

HRB :)

If'n i didn't already have ONE i would jump on this one. Nice gun att a fair price. I have seen them go for higher. A good pard of mine paid $1,500 for one last fall.

Don't be too hard on those guys who always seem to feel obligated to interject some sort of negativity in everyone else's ads. It's been my experience that somebody ALWAYS does it, and often the same folks. While it's good to call them out on it and suggest that they cease and desist, I, myself have to try to remember that it may not be that they are bad guys, it just may be that what they are drinking that's bad. Similarly, having dealt with a lot of ailing senior citizens, I know that there are a lot of comments made by otherwise really good folks who are under the influence of medicines or are the victim of hard arteries or other illness' that might adversely effect their behavior. Anyway, thanks for the support from all you other cowboys who know the value of a good gun when you see it.

HRB :)

Thanks, I'd like to use those excuses in future posts if'n I say something rude or out-of-line. I have been known to drink a bit and I do have some ills due to age. I also would be buying your rifle PDQ if I could let the funds go right now.......Concho.

If'n i didn't already have ONE i would jump on this one. Nice gun att a fair price. I have seen them go for higher. A good pard of mine paid $1,500 for one last fall.

Thanks Rudy. I was already feeling bad enough about selling this. Now I REALLY feel bad. Maybe the fellow to whom I already sold it will sell it back to me for $1500? :o

Guest diablo slim shootist

The doc told me I need to take high bood preasure meds-165/95 :blush: sell

anything you want -thats just how it looked to me.Looks like that actually helped!

some one thought that it was a rare gun and payed the price-Glad you got what you wanted

i'll try to keep my thoughts on the wire and not on the classifieds-got to go take

my meds :wacko:

sorry again Blue ;)

Archived