SASS Wire Forum

anyone know anything about red dog leather rigs?

They are great holsters and very reasonably priced. They are priced like low quality holsters, but are top quality. I have the quick draw shootist rig, but I have it modified a little. He can make whatever you want, not just whats on is site. Or, he can modify anything on the site. Turnaround time was quick as well.

A Red Dog Rig

As 4Trod says I swear by him. He is in Kentucky. Prices are very low. Quality is FIRST rate. He will make you anything you want. Old Top wanted a "Man With No Name" rig made for Schofields and he has a full on double rig with matching knife sheath, loading strip, and shotshell slide.

I wore out a billit on my favorite rig, and also had lost a lot of weight so ordered a new rig. Paul said that his stuff is guarnteed for life, so he took it back shortened the belt and made a new billit. no charge. (I still got a new rig...)

also he usually ships within about 2 weeks. But it is always shorter than his "quoted Time"

You can go to my web page and see a bunch of RedDog rigs mostly in the gallery called Just for fun. web page is:

http://sdough.smugmug.cim

drop a line if any other questions

curley

another Red Dog

Something a bit fancier

Here is a special order rig I had him make. I got a "Double Cross Draw" (and I usually get an extra strong side at the same time) I told him how I wanted the holsters to ride, and left tooling to his "art". He used a holster on the inside cover of Packin Iron as model. Rig is great. Can't tell price, but it is way cheaper than you can imagine...

The second pix is a bit fancier, just to show you what he can do...

curley

Everything I wear was made by him. Those that have seen all my rigs, about 7, see the top quality in them. My "B" western rig receives many comments. I have one rig I wear at the monthlies, the thick leather, belt nor holster have worn out. Very durable. The prices are a little below other makers, but they are not cheap, nor cheap in quality. He works with you on your design, and fit. At one big state match, another leather maker checked my rig out and said he couldn't have made a similiar for less then 1800.00, I paid less then 1/2 that. MT

Archived