SASS Wire Forum

Household Chores

A previous thread asked what household chores you hate. I thought I'd go the other way. While I don't particularly hate any, after all, they must be done, however long you procrastinate. There is one that I like.

For reasons that I really can't explain, I like washing dishes. No dishwasher so they must be hand washed. There's something about the warm water running over my hands as I clean them that relaxes me. As long as my co-washer, Arthur Itis, lets me stand by the sink, I'll continue.

I have an acquaintance that feels almost the same way, except his relaxation chore is ironing.

So how about you? Is there any you enjoy or relax while doing it? 'Fess up.

Quidvis recte factum, quanvis humile, praeclarum.

Like Abner Yokum ~ Mattress testing. :rolleyes:

Seriously, cooking tops the list, even though I sometimes get in a mood where I don't feel like it. Then a frozen pizza goes in the oven (like tonight).

buena suerte,

eGG

I cook, sometimes breakfast, sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. I vacuum. And in the springtime, I do the windows on the outside. I also do the wood floors and tile floors, clean 'em that is. Make the bed (military style).

Glad to see cooking mentioned. I didn't mention it because I never looked on it as a chore. I do about half the dinner cooking at our little corner of the Earth. Ann Tique is a great cook but I also enjoy it.Ann's the traditionalist. I'm the experimenter. Always willing to try something new. But thre's a few things I stick with as my standards: Jambalaya, Chicken Picatta, and steaks on the grill.

Spooky Joe,

I cook, 99.99999% of the time. I love to cook. As for dish washing, my hands get clean enough making biscuits. :o:P

I don't like laundry.

Safe trails,

CKid

I love to cook, but I also like to clean with the music blasting and singing and dancing thru the house with my cleaning stuff. Even Rats plugs her ears .. lol.. Taking out the garbage is still my most disliked task, even music does not help that.. It just isn't as much fun dancing and singing with my garbage can as it is with my mop and broom.. lol If I had to just clean, I guess I would not enjoy it much. The music is a time to act silly, and cleaning burns off some steam so I have fun doing it.

What was the Glen Campbell song? "These are the Dreams of the Everyday Housewife"?

Seriously, though, I cook, clean, wash clothes, feed the dog and horses, mow the lawn, fix fence, haul hay. etc. ad infinitum. I'm fortunate to have a housekeeper who comes in once a week to do floors and bathrooms, but the rest is up to me.

About the only down side of it is that I have to nag at myself. :wacko:

GIT

Archived