SASS Wire Forum

"The Quick and the Dead"

The Original Bad Bob

I just watched some of this on Netflix today. Never seen it before.

It seemed like a Spaghetti Western to me. The pacing of the story, music, cartoony acting, all looked like one to me. Is it supposed to be an homage to the Spaghetti Western genre, or is it just me that thinks this?

Great cast, nicely produced etc, but I never was a fan of these. They always just seemed fake to me.

I was surprised to see Lance Henriksen. He's one of my favorite character actors.

Check out the movie of the same name starring Sam Elliot. Much better film and waaaaaay more believable.

Sharon Stone looks mighty good in that rotten flick

Russell Crowe is a puke, I almost knocked him senseless one night, a story for another time

The movie with Sam Elliot is a good one!

Dittoes on the Sam Elliot "The Quick and the Dead" although he don't look as good as Sharon :wub: does, just my opinion now!:lol:

Russell Crowe is a puke, I almost knocked him senseless one night, a story for another time

No time like the present for a story like that!

There's some on the Wire who like that movie, but it's on my 10 Worst Movies of All Time list. :o Russell Crowe's gun twirling is the only thing worth watching.

Concur with the 10 Worst List status, but have to add (as worth seeing) the "down the blouse" shot of Sharon Stone. Hey, I'm almost a Dirty Old Man, so sue me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

SQQ

Oh, man anything with Sam Elliot in it is worth watching, I think.. I even sit thru Roadhouse to just watch him.. lol..

Concur with the 10 Worst List status, but have to add (as worth seeing) the "down the blouse" shot of Sharon Stone. Hey, I'm almost a Dirty Old Man, so sue me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQQ

:lol: I've only seen the "edited for TV" version! Darn.

Okay, Dusty, I'm buying. Set 'em up, barkeep. Awright, now, Pard....let's hear that story. I already know that the ending won't be as good as I hoped because you said you almost knocked him senseless. It would've been a heckuva lot better if you actually did knock him senseless. :D

There are some movies on my 10 Worst List that I watch anyway. :rolleyes::lol:

I just watched some of this on Netflix today. Never seen it before.

It seemed like a Spaghetti Western to me. The pacing of the story, music, cartoony acting, all looked like one to me. Is it supposed to be an homage to the Spaghetti Western genre, or is it just me that thinks this?

Great cast, nicely produced etc, but I never was a fan of these. They always just seemed fake to me.

I was surprised to see Lance Henriksen. He's one of my favorite character actors.

I agree with you. I always thought of this as a spaghetti western. To me it was no worse the oaters Clint Eastwood made. Sharon Stone played the part Clint would have.

I enjoy all Western movies... some just better than others...

...this one was fine...

It wasn't the best Western I've ever watched, but I liked it OK..One of those "fun" Westerns.

I have to agree that Sharon Stone played a female version of the man with no name..Almost like a satire of the great old Sergio Leone Westerns..

I also have to agree that the Sam Elliot version is better! B)

As for ms. Stone.. I liked her WAYYY better before she took that anti-gun stance during the slick willy era! :angry:

DB,

That sounds like a story that I would like to hear. Post it up or send me a PM.

Boondock

The worst thing about movies like that are the ridiculous ballistics. The biggest problem being that most folks that don't know anything about guns, anti-gunners especially, believe what they see as being accurate.

That's been a plaque of 'theatrical license' since the beginning of film LOL!

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

I thought the open bullet holes in bodies was a nice touch.

I had no idea that a .45 would leave a thru and thru wound the size of a pie plate! :lol:

BSD

Well of course the Sam Elliott version is better! It is based on a Louis L'Amour novel.

I have to admit though, I have never been able to sit and watch the Sharon Stone version all the way through. I have probably seen most of it at various times, and have seen the ending. Something about it just doesn't work for me.

As far as "worst movies" goes, I have found that for me there are movies so bad they are fun to watch, and movies so bad that I can't get them off the screen fast enough.

• 1 month later...

Howdy Pards;

I found a copy of the DVD on E-bay with Sam Elliot.

I started watching it tonight. I will finish it tomorrow.

I thought it was a great story so far.

The newer version was ok..but not very believable at best.

Like True Grip. I will also get the other DVD and have both.

ANY WESTERN movie is better than the stuff on TV.

As posted on here before...I would also watch Road House again just for Sam!!!

He is just the man for the job.

I guess you could say he "Is our Huckleberry"

KK

I own 'em both, and like 'em both...

DITTO, and I say as I said on this wire once before.....Sharon Stone is TOUGH, I don't care

who ya are!!!!!!

Check out the movie of the same name starring Sam Elliot. Much better film and waaaaaay more believable.

I am in the minority but I enjoyed the newer one more. Neither are among my favorites but the second one was fun.

Archived