SASS Wire Forum

Is it finally over?

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

I haven't heard anyone say anything in recent times about the inability to get reloading supplies. Of course, after all the scare, the price failed to drop close to the original costs. Example: Prior to all the panic, I could buy small pistol primers for $18-$22 per M, but now they seem to have settled in around $29-$32 per M. Is everybody getting what they need/want?

Hey Buck:

Prices around Ohio are about what yours are.

Primers seem to be in reasonable supply.

Powder supplies still seem down for popular pistol powders.

Maybe it is over.

--Dawg

I've had no trouble obtaining supplies lately. Prices are up a bit, but no more of an increase than for gas or other items. Ordered 32 pounds of powder and 8K primers last week. Had them delivered Tuesday.

There does seem to be some inexplicable shortages mixed in, the case lots of CCI 22 CB Long Caps are almost impossible to find and the last ones I saw were almost $100 over my last purchase. How about brass, last time I went to Starline to get some prices they were out of a lot of calibers??

I'm not sure. I'm still using from my stores for the most part and passed through the shortage pretty well, though I did pick up some small pistol primers last year.

I see .32 acp & .380 ammo around, but since it isn't made in large quantities, it's pricey. That's kinda why I like more common calibers for carry, it's almost always around at a reasonable price.

I would like to thank y'all who participated in the shortage, panic buying, hoarding, etc., especially when the prices were outrageous! I took my primer stash in to my local dealer and got such a premium at the height of the panic that I bought a new Glock 19 on the profits and fitted it with TruGlo sights, extra mags and a holster. If I can only figure out the next artificial "Shortage"! My dealer advised me that usually after a haording panic, like after Y2K, people start bringing in their hoards after a while and driving the prices back down. Buy Cheap, Sell Dear, PATIENCE? Keep the urban legends alive!

Last Saturday, I went to the gunshow in Ventura, CA

Winchester Large Pistol Primers were $100.00 for 5,000

Best price I've seen since I bought Fiochi's a few months ago

I was told after my purchase they had only a few left

looks to me that the price was down, but inventory is still short.

Coffee

Seems to be over in sw Wa area,but I'm not seeing 20.00 a brick pimers.:(

LOTS of bricks of .22's on the shelfs,those were scarce s hen's teeth a year or so ago also.Price is reasonable,scored some for 16.00/500 yesterday.

Plenty of powder,about a buck or maybe two higher than I'd like,but I don't shoot enough to order online,so I'm ok with what I can get.

Archived