SASS Wire Forum

is any one goin to the pa state shoot

halfcockedd

I liked all the down-range movement last year.

I liked the stage where we were shooting at the targets in the buildings.

One thing I didn't like was my posse leader's interpretation of "make rifle/shotgun safe"

His interpretation was basically that you had to put it back where it was originally staged.

Everywhere else I've shot, "make rifle/shotgun safe" means that, if you like, you can take to to the position of the next gun & safely re-stage it there.

Not on our posse last year.

Coupled with the fact that that's what some of the other posses were doing, it was kind of frustrating for me.

Please clarify that in the posse marshal instructions for this year, so at least everyone interprets it the same way.

--Dawg

I agree that Chicken Coop is out of line but while he does have the right to say what he wants to say, that doesn't always include havin old fashioned manners. BTW I think the folks at this shoot are great and Black Hills Barb does a great job.

The only thing I don't like is that hill ya gotta climb up (kinda like GOA) I got a bad knee, I know wah wah.......:lol:

This is a well kept secret, but I have an understanding that a new outdoor escalator is now being installed along the trail to the scenerios. It should be completed by the time of the Pa Shoot.

How 'bout some knock down pistol targets? Those are always fun!B)

ya those are fun even thought i cant hit anything with them darn pistols B)

by the way what is this "pegleg" that barb speaks of :huh:

jersytown kid,

by the way what is this "pegleg" that barb speaks of :huh:

jersytown kid,

Kid - that is quite a tale, a legend of the 2009 Match.

If not before than come this match when we meet I'll tell you the legend of Ida Mae & Pegleg Pete.

I can tell you that Pegleg is retired and resting well in my loading room. :rolleyes:

Speakign of such - Barb you know that I love too love those nice big props, how's Bart...ah...Stewie doin'? Any chance a dummy might get it this year? :ph34r:

Oh and for anyone lookin' for a place to stay the Econo Lodge in Williamsport is still open.

Wild Bill,

Pegleg. I hate Pegleg. A lot!!!

I'll be bunkin at the Econo Lodge. It's where I usually stay. There is a Red Lobster across the parking lot.

Lobster. I really like Lobster!! Add Lobster to this match and ..... Whoeeeee .......

Is it Spring yet??? I wanna get out and play (new toys don't 'cha know!!)

Coffinmaker

YeeeHawww!

Filled out the app & wrote the check tonight.

Goes in the post tomorrow.

Gonna shoot Frontier Cartridge Duelist.

Lookin forward to this shoot -- It's a goodun! :D

Look out boys, the Dawg is back in town!

--Dawg

There's a posse of Canadians a coming! For Briscoe Callaghan and myself this will be our first visit. Just how big is this hill y'all are discussing and does anyone know the theme for the match? Inquring minds need to know!!!

Our range is in a mountain hollow with 9 stages along one side of a road/path with a mountain as a back berm. Another is on the other side of the road. Although there is a slight grade from stages 1-7, stages 8-10 are "down a hill". It's not huge but it sure can feel that way when you are lugging a gun cart. Although you can't really fix geography we did have it graded off since last year. Now it's a longer slope and not as steep. It has made a world of difference. The schedule is also written so that each posse only has to make the climb once.

You can rest assured that each and everyone of us that plan this match understand your pain as we make that climb several times in the course of each day of this match. I keep asking them to get me an ATV of some sort so I could taxi shooters, but I don't think they trust my driving......something about me & Mustang Megs and golf carts.......... :P

HG, I had nothing to do with the demise of the stage coach!

Thank you Black Hills Barb! Having shot Guns of August we know the challenge of pulling carts up hills. We got ourselves some "light" gun carts made from pull style golf carts so we are all set!!!

Now when your ready to let us know this years theme for the shoot we'll be anxious to find out. Just reading last years stages and right ups was hilarious and one thing that made me say to myself - I'm heading there for 2011!

Colt

Artic, always the diplomat.

You would have made a great marshal in the old west.

It is a pleasure knowing you.

But, back to the question, will you be attending?

LR

The theme this year will be based on the Dime Novel. We are writing our own dime novel. I can't really say more because no one will really get the chance to read this work before they pull them from their shooter packet. It'll be a good read though.

Our range is in a mountain hollow with 9 stages along one side of a road/path with a mountain as a back berm. Another is on the other side of the road. Although there is a slight grade from stages 1-7, stages 8-10 are "down a hill". It's not huge but it sure can feel that way when you are lugging a gun cart. Although you can't really fix geography we did have it graded off since last year. Now it's a longer slope and not as steep. It has made a world of difference. The schedule is also written so that each posse only has to make the climb once.

You can rest assured that each and everyone of us that plan this match understand your pain as we make that climb several times in the course of each day of this match. I keep asking them to get me an ATV of some sort so I could taxi shooters, but I don't think they trust my driving......something about me & Mustang Megs and golf carts.......... :P

HG, I had nothing to do with the demise of the stage coach!

HA Ha my experience from thurmont tells me that gin and golf carts are a dangerous combo with you and megs!!! :P

jersytown kid,

Lone Rider,

I will be there! This one shoot NOT to miss!

Always great to see many pards from the Nor'east I only get to see once a year, that seems ta be the place ta do it!

Same for my eastern PA pards, and now some Ohio pards. Great pards, great shoot. Does it get much better?

Rye and Prairie Dawg,

Hope ta see y'all at Tusco soon. Meantime, here's a little cowboy competition video poker.

Rye, I'll see yer 'Dawg' an raise ye one 'Smokey Hill' (won't help ya one lick climbin tha hill from the lower ranges either) :lol:

Hey Artic, I think ya'll need just a tad more powder!:lol: I'll raise ya 2 Prairie Dawgs and throw in a I M Crossdraw fer ya!:P Rye

Fox--You can almost smell the smoke in that video!

Hey, when I play, I always have a flush --All BLACK!

--Dawg

PD,

A "Black Powder Flush"? Now that there iz funee I don care hoo ye R! The mountains and valleys of Muncy PA will be alive wit da smog o' da Darkside shooters!

Rye & PD,

I see yer crossdraw dawgs, an raise ya this here dog. :ph34r:

He's a Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation y'know, wit style points galore! Would love to see him at PA State but unlikely with their state match beginning of the same month. :(

• 1 month later...

Bdoc and I will be there! I cant wait. Look out Doc Allenwood, and Colorado Coffinmaker, I'm going to load up on Vitimin C a full month before the shoot, no cold and cold meds are going to slow me down this year, LOL!

Is it spring yet!!!

JB

Archived