SASS Wire Forum

is any one goin to the pa state shoot

halfcockedd

Hi this years pa state shoot is coming up soon and if you could post some of your favorite stages for me to get an idea of what stages people like :D

halfcock,

Get your registration in and then I'll know you'll be there!!!!!!!!! :lol:

We have over 60 registrations and they come in daily. Don't delay. After the great match we were fortunate enough to present last year, this one will fill up quickly.

Me and Prairie Dawg will be there smokin it up. There's a clan of Buckeyes from Firelands that'll be there too. Johnny Shiloh, Old Dan Cotton, Crossdraw, Six Gun Scotsman, and some others. Ohio invades Pa. Wahooo..............:lol: Rye

Mike is Right, I'm not a buckeye, But i've been adopted by the Firelands Peacemakers which is the next best thing.

Oh, and the Penn. State shoot is a barrel of fun. Going for my fourth time this year! Mike, you coming?

Scotsman

I'll be at WR too!!!!!! My first trip and I can't wait. Doc and I, Mustang Megs and Timberland Renegade are making the trip together. I'll see you guys out there.

Now, about our match............get them registrations in! I need to get this thing sold out so that I can work on other tasks.

I'll be at WR too!!!!!! My first trip and I can't wait. Doc and I, Mustang Megs and Timberland Renegade are making the trip together. I'll see you guys out there.

Now, about our match............get them registrations in! I need to get this thing sold out so that I can work on other tasks.

Sorry wee dont have me and my dads registrations in yet he is always late on turning stuff in <_<

Yup

Rye & I will be makin serious smoke in PA this Memorial Day.

Bringin my 12" Ruger Old Armies fer them long range pistol targets.

Too much fun!

--Dawg

Chicken Coop,

I’m sorry you feel as you do about our match. I’m sure every club/match has its proponents and opponents. Even I have a couple that aren't at the top of my list but I would never publicize it with a forum post. Everyone is free to have their opinions. However, all of us at El Posse Grande try to put on matches for all to enjoy. Because we have such a rural setting with few amenities close to the range we also try very hard to make hospitality our best feature. So I’m somewhat taken aback by your comments.

As for my signature line, I like it! I’ve gotten countless favorable comments on it for as long as I’ve been using it. I've had ladies asked to borrow it...which I've never had a problem with since I've borrowed it from a greeting card company. And, I've even had one lady make me a gift of an embroidered wall hanging of it as a thank you gift. I’ve never had even one negative comment until now. For those wonder what it is, I guess you could say it’s a cowgirl’s serenity prayer -

God grant me the patience to change the men I can, the aim to shoot the men I can't and the wisdom to know the difference.

Sincerly,

Black Hills Barb

This year will be Ida Mae and my seventh trip down from frozen NH to the great State Match of PA.

Our favorite match (and one I will never miss - if I can help it) it also is our favorite way to celebrate our anniversary.

This being our 30th we can think of no better place to be than with the Bucket Gang on the hill. :lol:

Great stages! Excellent props!! And even one to shoot (at) provided the proper coaching (ah Meggs :wub: ) Worth the 394 mile road trip every year.

Mike you Fink that's two years now I'll miss ya! :angry:

But I hear we'll actually have honor of Hired Gun returning to the fold.

And Barb never change that line, to know you is to love you. :P

Howdy Y'all!

The PA State is going to be FANTASTIC...now that we are under new "management" the committee has grown tremendously and all shooters have a voice. The stages are fantastic and the props better than ever. For the most part, we shoot with the best (Wild Bill :P)

And for those who won't be joining us for reasons other than the match, we are sorry for your loss...

BHB puts her heart and soul and a ton of time into the multitude of details that make a match a success...to Barb and everyone else's hard work and effort, I thank you!!

The boys better watch out because there will be 2 of us Gin Sisters going cross country with our

P...M...S...

:) :) :)

I can't wait!!!

Chicken Coop, what happened to make you feel that way??? Great folks that put on a TERRIFIC match!!!Black Hills Barb and her crew work very hard to give us a match worthy to be called a State Championship. Hell, they even fixed my Funny Bone for me!!!

Howdy,

Loco Poco Loco and I had a fantastic time last year and are coming again this year. BHB -you and your group put on one heck of a match

Nawlins Kid

Great match.......great people just too much fun if that is possible.Sounds to me like someone forgot to drink their prune juice and that may be the reason for their disposition and poor sense of humor.You cannot play in this sport and not have a sense of humor or be so sensitive.

Sgt Hochbauer :FlagAm:

Howdy Mr. Blackerby:

I'm sorry I'll miss you again. One of the reasons I like the Pennsylvania Shoot is I get to see and shoot with people I don't normally run into. 2009 was a bad season on the tugs. I didn't have a whole lot of money for traveling. 2010 was better. I've got the coin. I figure if I'm ever gonna make it to Winter Range I better go. Headin' out by myself, brothers can't make it. If I'm still able to move, I plan on 2012 in Pennsylvania.

Barb: Hope to see you at WR.

Chicken Coop: My Mama always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything." She was right. You are out of line!

Regards,

Mike (the) Fink

I agree that Chicken Coop is out of line but while he does have the right to say what he wants to say, that doesn't always include havin old fashioned manners. BTW I think the folks at this shoot are great and Black Hills Barb does a great job.

The only thing I don't like is that hill ya gotta climb up (kinda like GOA) I got a bad knee, I know wah wah.......:lol:

Howdy Barb. Please don't call Chicken Coop a jerk. You are way over rating him. I have only shot in seven of the PA State matches held at yer venue. (I think all of them?) This is one match I look forward to every year, not only because of the great people I meet, like Wild Bill and his lovely wife Ida Mae, and the infamous Mike Fink (who we will miss again this year)just to name a few, but because of the great and varied stages you set up. The meals on Friday at the club house and Sat at the Fire Station are not to be missed and no one goes away hungry. Yep, this is one great match led by one great lady. Thank you, Black Hills Barb.

A TG from one SASS club openly chides the match director of his SASS State Championship match at another club; AND declares he will not attend until that person changes their SASS Wire signature?

Just the cowboy spirit we need for the "vote with your feet crowd", more fuel to just run away instead of the self sacrifice and hard work to make things better and grow instead of diminish. Also not very encouraging for 'local' pards to get out and support their own state championship.

Black Hills Barb is NOT a lady who stands in your face to control you or "shoot you down". By her own self sacrifice, and hard work, she will charm you into helping get the job done. If no one responds, more than likely, she and Doc will 'git er done' themselves. Great folks! El Posse Grande has had their share of lumps along the way, but as others have mentioned; "It gets better every year". Their vision has never failed. Hopefully support from other clubs in our own state will grow more each year.

I do know both the offender and offended. AND pray that reconciliation is forthcoming, we do need each other for this 'game' to continue.

Artic

well I am truly sorry my friends for creating a topic that lead to a fight.

halfcock brett-soon to be jearsytown kid!

Foxy ya hit the nail on the head. Ya think a TG would have and use better judgement. The folks who put on a match reguardless if ya like the match or not bust their butt to make it happen!! All because they are dedicated to the sport.

Chicken, this is your STATE MATCH and any state club can submit ideas to make it happen and to make it the best it can be. Any and all criticizum should be done via a questionere and a phone call to sugest ideas to make it better for the next year. Ya don't throw folks under the bus. If someone on your posse was giving you a hard time you should have corrected then and there. If you do not want to confront the person go to the RO or the MD.

As I stated in my first post you are out of line. As a TG you owe Barb and all the folks who donate their time to put on YOUR STATE MATCH an apoligy. If you don't want to come back, don't. But you also don't bad mouth a club. And that BS about her sign off line, ya got to be kidding. C'mon be a guy and cowboy up...or go sit in the truck.

Tom Payne

On another note - who's got a line on a place to stay.

The @#%in' drillin' is still goin' on in them parts and even the Road House is not takin' resevations except a week (!) in advance. :angry:

Of course one option may be, as E B Farnum said to my namesake in Deadwood about securing a room in the hotel:

"I'll arrange that by tomorrow, but today I can't fix it, unless you kill a guest."

Hey ..... we all need to play nice and share toys!!

Coop, you are a wee mite out of line.

Wild Bill ......... my congratulations!!! I'll offer Ida Mae my condolences ....... ah in situ as it were/will be :rolleyes:

Coffinmaker

WBB, I sent you an email with some lodging info. If I have to kill a guest to get you here, I'll even do that for ya. :wub:

Rye, we smoothed out the hill a bit....just so you'd come back ;)

Halfcock/Jerseytown, you did nothing wrong by expressing your excitement about an upcoming match. When we start threads here, there's no telling the direction they could take.

All,

Halfcock, now Jerseytown Kid, is an exceptional young shooter. He's all the things we'd like to see in our young people. Thanks to those of you who displayed such dignity and restraint in those latter responses on his thread. :wub:

Now, let's get back to talkin' bout this match and answer his question.

Who else in coming? What kinds of stages do you like? We all know that Ida Mae likes stages that use Pegleg! :lol:

WBB, I sent you an email with some lodging info. If I have to kill a guest to get you here, I'll even do that for ya. :wub:

Rye, we smoothed out the hill a bit....just so you'd come back ;)

Halfcock/Jerseytown, you did nothing wrong by expressing your excitement about an upcoming match. When we start threads here, there's no telling the direction they could take.

All,

Halfcock, now Jerseytown Kid, is an exceptional young shooter. He's all the things we'd like to see in our young people. Thanks to those of you who displayed such dignity and restraint in those latter responses on his thread. :wub:

Now, let's get back to talkin' bout this match and answer his question.

Who else in coming? What kinds of stages do you like? We all know that Ida Mae likes stages that use Pegleg! :lol:

How 'bout some knock down pistol targets? Those are always fun!B)

I liked all the down-range movement last year.

I liked the stage where we were shooting at the targets in the buildings.

One thing I didn't like was my posse leader's interpretation of "make rifle/shotgun safe"

His interpretation was basically that you had to put it back where it was originally staged.

Everywhere else I've shot, "make rifle/shotgun safe" means that, if you like, you can take it to the position of the next gun & safely re-stage it there.

Not on our posse last year.

Coupled with the fact that that's what some of the other posses were doing, it was kind of frustrating for me.

Please clarify that in the posse marshal instructions for this year, so at least everyone interprets it the same way.

--Dawg

Archived