SASS Wire Forum

Well, I went and deep cleaned my '73

I poured the water out of the barrel and magazine tube, beat the gun real good with a hammer to knock the rust loose, then stripped it all down and cleaned it with Ballistol. I put it back together and danged if three parts weren't left over. Badger told me they were just for cosmetic purposes and to pitch them, so I did.

Then I got to thinkin', do you suppose he is trying to game me? You know what a gamer he is, that is if you can see him. He moves like the wind... or is that breaks wind? :unsure:

Hey Badger, are you SURE that when I pull my rifle trigger, the magazine spring is supposed to pop out? :unsure:

I tolt you a hunnert times, ya gotta put the cork on it first. Then the cork AND the spring will pop out and you can reload.

I tell ya, buy em books and send em to school and all they do is chew the cover off.

I save the leftover parts . . . . the one day have enough of them to build me another gun . . . :wacko:

. . . tricky when half the parts are Winchester and half are Remington . . . . :wacko:

;)

Yeah, but not many folks shoot a Remchester. You'll be the talk of the cow town.

Sometimes when I visit the Saloon I think, "Man, I sure hope those guys are drinking!" B):lol:

Whenever Okie cleans his guns, I always throw in a handful of extra parts when he ain't lookin'... He never catches on... You shoulda seen the one time he was tryin' ta' figger out how to put those '67 Chevy lugnuts on his '73... :D:D:D

Vaya con Dios

Hey Badger, are you SURE that when I pull my rifle trigger, the magazine spring is supposed to pop out? :unsure:

All I know is what happens when somebody pulls yer trigger finger! :wacko::blink:

And it ain't purty!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brother King, a true cowboy never has more than three fingers of medicinal spirits at a time. :rolleyes:

Course, we take them three fingers in a #4 washtub!!! :P:o:P

I poured the water out of the barrel and magazine tube, beat the gun real good with a hammer to knock the rust loose, then stripped it all down and cleaned it with Ballistol. I put it back together and danged if three parts weren't left over. Badger told me they were just for cosmetic purposes and to pitch them, so I did.

Then I got to thinkin', do you suppose he is trying to game me? You know what a gamer he is, that is if you can see him. He moves like the wind... or is that breaks wind? :unsure:

Okie, ya gotta make sure ya put da bulliets down da barrel.

Other wise, when ya pull da trigger and ad cork and mag spring pops out, ....

So wood dem bulliets !! :lol:

Whenever Okie cleans his guns, I always throw in a handful of extra parts when he ain't lookin'... He never catches on... You shoulda seen the one time he was tryin' ta' figger out how to put those '67 Chevy lugnuts on his '73... :D:D:D

Vaya con Dios

No wonder the gun honks every time I lever it. :wacko::wacko:

Old Badger called me up and said he ran a patch down the barrel of his Merlin, but might have poked it in the wrong hole. He has not been able to find the magazine tube since. Me thinks the extra parts Okie has belongs to BMC.

Archived