SASS Wire Forum

Help Identifying Grips Please!

Captain Bill Burt

Can anyone help me identify these grips please? I got them as part of a package deal when I bought an Old Model Vaquero. On the back of the grips is the name Sid and the number 96. They are a little too big for the OMV, the holes in the bottom of the grips don't quite line up with the posts in the grip frame and the screws run right through where the mainspring is. The screws are the same diameter and length as those in the Vaquero though. I'm wondering if they belong on a birdshead, or what. Any information as to what type of revolver they go on, who Sid is, and what they might be worth would be greatly appreciated. In the picture I included a new and old model Vaquero for scale, if that helps. I plan on getting Eagle Gunfighter Grips, so I will probably sell these and I don't want to misrepresent what they belong on.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb392/ThomasBurt/Picture013.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb392/ThomasBurt/Picture012.jpg

Thanks

Given screw placement, I'd say they are more'n likely for a Colt or clone with it's flat mainspring. Probably molded a little on the large size for fitting on a variety of grip frames. If you have access to some for comparison, you might do that before offerin' up for sale. You could of 'course, send them to me and I'll conduct a little research to tell ya exactly the model and vintage... but they may be altered just a little by the time ya get 'em back....:ph34r: You weren't in any rush were you?

Hey if you want to buy them just send me a pm and make an offer. I'm a new cowpoke looking to fill some more pressing needs, so I'll make you a good deal.....

At some point I guess I will learn to do my research before asking questions here. These are Sid Ryan grips, I found him on the web, which he sells for $85. I think, but am not sure that they are for Colt SAA. Any help with that would be appreciated so I can move this to the classified section and offer them for sale

Archived