SASS Wire Forum

MY messages are gone with this new forum

Neches 50502

When I check my messages the folder is now empty!! All of my past email messages are gone since this ugly change over.

Mine too. I had some PMs I was saving & now they're out there in lala land.

Yep, had some contact info with a couple of Pards about a trip I would be taking and shoots at their clubs, a gun purchase I was making, and a couple of other things. Guess I got to read my messages better. I missed the one advising us to copy or download stuff we wanted saved. This is a "teachable moment". You want stuff saved, it's up to you to make a hard copy.

Maybe it's an opportunity to forget all those nasty PM's people have sent me and start with a new slate. I don't have any choice, because without them, I am unable to remember who I am supposed to be mad at.

When I check my messages the folder is now empty!! All of my past email messages are gone since this ugly change over.

Perhaps when "we" complained about fixing this here forum "we" should have more specific?

Reminds me of the time when residents were complaining about rusty water on their street. Told them I fixed it! How!? Now you ain't got NO water! :FlagAm:

... Guess I got to read my messages better. I missed the one advising us to copy or download stuff we wanted saved. This is a "teachable moment". You want stuff saved, it's up to you to make a hard copy.

They sent a notice?

Olen :FlagAm:

Well I had very important contact info on items I was having made and purchases I was in the middle of including trades. I didnt see the message saying the new changes were coming. Guess that was my fault. I hate having to learn new forums. I already quit one major forum that I was even a moderator on due to the un user friendly format. I will learn this new one but I really hate that all of my important info was lost......once again...my fault im sure.

Where did you find messages at??

Texas Lizard

TL Go to the top of the page ,click on the down arrow next to your alias and the tab shows messages, click on it bingo, your messages. Adios Sgt. Jake

I hate this.... All mine are gone and I have sent money to a member for some guns and now i have lost his info. Silver holler if you get this, my email is below...

TM98Roadking@aol.com

This whole deal sucks. It is ugly and I lost some PMs I need.

Users should beware of trying to reestablish all their contacts at this time. If you had 40 messages in your INBOX, lost them all and frantically put out 25 new ones trying to reestablish your contacts; the 65 total will not fit when/if the messages are retrieved. I have no idea which ones you will lose in that case.

I advise patience.

Hey Folks, a minor hiccup doing the conversion! It's being worked on ... http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163000&view=findpost&p=2097078

The Bottom Line ...

I'm pretty confident that you'll all have your messages back soon, and this should not interfere with any new messages.

BTW, in the PM routine, going forward, you might want to use the Save capability for important stuff. There is no code format conflict with the old to the new version. I just looked at my Saved Messages that go back to 2007!

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I was able to review all my previous posts/PMs on this wire back to December 2009.

Chicken Coop

Archived