SASS Wire Forum

Wow! You Have Now Entered the Twilight Zone

Jefro, SASS#69420

:FlagAm:

Hey Everybody,

We had to run a forum upgrade to get this thing up to date and hopefully further improve on the speed and usability from the optimizations of last week. Unfortunately with this upgrade we've lost the old skins (as in, they are not compatible with the newer version of the forum.) There's nothing I'm going to be able to do about that, but I'm sure the guys at sass will be updating it as soon as they get a chance. Please bear with the new look of the forum until they get a chance to modify the look and feel of the site and get it back to something closer to what you're used to.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so let me know if there's any usability or speed issues and I'll look into those personally.

-Matt Kotich

Looks fine,kinda sucks though cause I lost all my pm's some I have had for years from folks, some that are no longer with us. guess I should have printed them off.

Oh Nooo!! :FlagAm: I had pm's and a bunch of notes saved also :FlagAm: Some with top secret phone numbers :FlagAm: Wish they would have warned us :FlagAm:

Jefro :FlagAm:

I never could stand the color Blue....how about a nice shade of gray?

No new smileys either :FlagAm:

+1. Apparently, formatting in posts made before the change was lost... so older threads are kinda goofy lookin'. Faster should make it worthy! Gotta say tho', a test run or so mighta pointed up a coupla things that you might've wanted to let stay... like the "skins"... etc. realitycheck.gif

Guest Matt Kohutics

+1. Apparently, formatting in posts made before the change was lost... so older threads are kinda goofy lookin'. Faster should make it worthy! Gotta say tho', a test run or so mighta pointed up a coupla things that you might've wanted to let stay... like the "skins"... etc. realitycheck.gif

We're running some conversion scripts right now which should update the formatting of old posts to convert them to the formatting of the upgraded system. It's going to take a while as there's a whole lot of posts for it to scan through. As for the themes, we were aware that the themes were incompatible (I'm just doing the upgrade, not the styling and customization) but I suppose they felt that the pros of the upgrade outweighed the cons. The new system should be a lot more secure, plenty faster, and it looks like it offers some added functionality (like maybe an iPhone app or things like that.)

So, should be some fun stuff coming, we just gotta get everything migrated.

Guest Matt Kohutics

Man o Man, let me get my sunglasses...........do I need sun screen?

What is the + and - thing for anyway?

The + and - appear to be for a reputation system. If you like someone's comment you can vote it up, if you don't like it you can vote it down. I seem to recall the older version having this as well, but we disabled it. I'm leaving all of the customization stuff up to the sass guys (and you all) to decide what you want to have on the forum.

Looks fine,kinda sucks though cause I lost all my pm's some I have had for years from folks, some that are no longer with us. guess I should have printed them off.

laugh.gif Guess ya don't have to respond to the one I sent ya last week...,. wink.gif

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

Hmmm - smileys don't work yet :unsure: (this one does...go figure)

OK. This really bites. Where are all my PMs that I was saving???

A little WARNING would have been nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Folks,

Read the pinned topic at the top titled Forum Upgrades.

If you have a question or comment about the new wire please post it there.

It's a lot easier to keep up with one thread.

Wild Shot

Typical moderator - trying to inject order and reason into things. ;)

I know that sometimes the forum providers make you change things. But man, this change is really hurting my eyes. I don’t at all see why a change was needed. And if these color persist, I don’t see me hanging around here much (as if I was here a lot as it was).

Liked the old forum better so far. Willing to allow some time to work out the kinks. Think we should have had a warning about this. Don't think I missed it. Other boards are upgraded at what are not peak user times. Would rather have gray or butternut.

Archived