SASS Wire Forum

Old West style pants

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Going to order some pants for Sass'n and I can't make up me mind!

I used to have Wahmaker canvas pants back in the late 90's, but they seemed a little tight (they are real tight now as I am a 35" waist...and they are 29" LOL!!)

So - what are thoughts about the latest Wanamaker, Sculley, Frontier Pants, and any other brand that comes up.

Thanks for your opinions :ph34r:

GG ~ :)

I used to have Wahmaker canvas pants back in the late 90's, but they seemed a little tight (they are real tight now as I am a 35" waist...and they are 29" LOL!!)

So - what are thoughts about the latest Wanamaker, Sculley, Frontier Pants, and any other brand that comes up.

I like the Frontier best of the above.

Frontier Classics are OK and are a lot cheaper than Wah Maker. Wah Maker is a division of Scully. I've found some very good deals on Ebay on new and used cowboy clothes.

If you need something right away, Wrangler makes khaki colored and black jeans. Stockdales and other stores by us carry the different colored Wranglers.

I recently ordered and recieved from "River Junction" . . . their "Gold Rush Jeans" . . . serviceable. . . but . . I wear 36 in waist in standard blue jeans and had to send them back and get 42 in for a reasonable fit. Liked 'em and ordered onother pair. :FlagAm:

Uhhhh - yeah...ok there amigo rolleyes.gif

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

No speakee de computereze!! :unsure:

Hamilton Dry Goods for some of the best deals on totally authentic pants; about 1/2 the price of Wah last time I bought some.

I'm tryin' to find some RED pants to make up another B Western outfit. Dickies 874's are the only red pants I've found so far that will fit my "rather large" 5'16" frame. :mellow:

Hamilton Dry Goods for some of the best deals on totally authentic pants; about 1/2 the price of Wah last time I bought some.

I second this, Hamilton Dry Goods have good stuff!

http://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/

Gunner....You don't need pants, that what's chaps is for!

I second this, Hamilton Dry Goods have good stuff!

http://www.hamiltondrygoods.com/

Thanks!! Looks like a cool place to get some things!!!

Gunner....You don't need pants, that what's chaps is for!

The visual is killin' me BB pard!! :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

My how times have changed,No, I changed my mind, I aint gonna say it.

Wear what ya wish, I'm forever in blue jeans..Levi and Wrangler

Well...Good for you...I wear Wranglers all the time (Levi corp is anti-gun so they don't get my business), but want to move forward with the costume side of things. The shooters I see wearing old west stuff that looks like they just stepped out of Tombstone fancy's my 'fantasy' of the game.

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

i got some Dickies brand work pants, called dungaree jeans. They are inexpensive and come in several Old West colors.

Thanks for the heads up pard..

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

That would be shootin' in the new "Chippendale" category, wouldn't it?

....sorry, jess couldn't help myself.... :rolleyes:

unfortunately - I'd scare off the shooters and have the police on my....uh...never mind! LOL!

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

Not sure if this is the deal all the time but Hamilton Dry Goods has a 69 buck special with pants shirt suspenders and cowboy boot socks

total cost will be 81 with shipping. The website is not the easiest to figure out but they respond to E-mails quite well

Well...Good for you...I wear Wranglers all the time (Levi corp is anti-gun so they don't get my business), but want to move forward with the costume side of things. The shooters I see wearing old west stuff that looks like they just stepped out of Tombstone fancy's my 'fantasy' of the game.

GG ~ FlagAm.gif

Ever time I buy a pair of blue jeans,dang, they aint made in the good ol :FlagAm:

I like Levi 501's, they wear like iron and a comfy fit..after the shrinking :D

Ever time I buy a pair of blue jeans,dang, they aint made in the good ol :FlagAm:

I like Levi 501's, they wear like iron and a comfy fit..after the shrinking :D

Since 1997 I've been wearing "cowboy pants" (Wah Maker,Skully, Frontier Classics etc.) last year was the first year I started wearing regular old jeans along with my period correct shirts and vests and boots and hat. The modern jeans fit better, are way more comfortable and I can go tinkle alot easier with the zipper.:lol: I think I'll be buying some new jeans and wearing them more and more. As you get older comfort is reeeaally important.:)

Not sure if this is the deal all the time but Hamilton Dry Goods has a 69 buck special with pants shirt suspenders and cowboy boot socks

total cost will be 81 with shipping. The website is not the easiest to figure out but they respond to E-mails quite well

Thanks pard! I emailed them and am going to try what they got....gonna place the order today. I really like their old 73's too, but maybe later on those.

Appreciate all the posts about the pants. Sorry modern blue jean guys, I'm just tired of lookin' like you LOL!!!!

GG ~ USA flag

Since 1997 I've been wearing "cowboy pants" (Wah Maker,Skully, Frontier Classics etc.) last year was the first year I started wearing regular old jeans along with my period correct shirts and vests and boots and hat. The modern jeans fit better, are way more comfortable and I can go tinkle alot easier with the zipper.:lol: I think I'll be buying some new jeans and wearing them more and more. As you get older comfort is reeeaally important.:)

I have all of the Frontier, Wah's and they dont fit like my blue jeans.Just bought a pair of Wranglers relaxed fit and what a relief it is.They come in black as well as I use them for my werk jeans

Zippers fer ever.

Lawman

Good for you Gunner!

Thanks Ms. Mo ~ to me, the costuming adds to the atmosphere at a match..and I want to do and 'feel' my part. Let y'all know what I think of the Hamilton notch style pants when they arrive.

GG ~ USA flag

I have a pair of Brassada trousers that I have worn like once a month since 2001. They finally started to fall apart at the seems. So, I bought a pair of Frontier trousers and Heirloom torusers from River Junction. I am very please with my purchase. I would have purchased Brassada again but could not find them.

My dark olive green Hamilton Dry Goods notch style pants came in - they seem of nice quality and fit perfect ;) Just need to get them hemmed to length...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived