SASS Wire Forum

Rotten things to do.

Deja Vous

Two things that were done in the dorms at NYU (Uptown) in the early 60'2.

One guy who was universally disliked went to bed one night and woke up to find thye doorway t his room completely bricked over. Mortar had set hard enough that he couldn't just push it down. Took quite a while for the University's maintainance staff to get it opened up.

In another case put a deflated 12' weather balloon in a guy's room and ran a hose to fill it with water. Partially filld 12' balloon in a 10 x 10 room ensures everything will be water-logged if it happens to burst. Never did learn the outcome to that one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorm tricks:

Fill an envelope full of shaving cream and seal it. Then tear off the end, insert under the door of targeted bonehead, and stomp. Works good with mayo too.

Procur a short section of magnesion ribbon from the chemistry lab. Insert into keylock when they are inside, light it and move on. Magnesium burns so hot that it fuses all the tumblers together.

Pack volkswagens full of snow was another type of retribution.

fortys.. this is so much like you... lol. I am pretty sure you came up with most of the ideas,,,, and now.. you are pretending to be inocent.. lol..

Actually, Blair Pack came up with most of the ideas, but I was a ranking contender...bouncing our feet up and down so the old wood floors would flex. Not much, but enough to be felt. (His room was on the third floor and things could be felt up there.) Then someone screamed "EARTHQUAKE" and the room flushed before he could get out of his chair.

In high school a bunch of us would go to the basketball games and make up our own cheers. Drove the Cheerleaders nuts and really upset the Dean. He did not think cheers like

See that basker

See that ball

common screwball hit the wall

were very sportsman like but he darn near had a heart attack when we started

lean to the left

lean to the right

stand up

sit down

fight fight fight

The bleachers in the gym started to sway and groan and we had them moving pretty good before he had us kicked out of the game.

Did the same cheer on a school bus in an ice storm, ended up walking home that day.

Bugs

Saw a gas station advertising gas at 2.99.9 today and it reminded me of a joke a bunch of us played on a fellow worker. This was back in the early 70's and this trend setter went out and bought one of them Japanese cars. Nobody would have said much about it except that he kept bragging about all the money he was saving and it seemed like we were getting daily reports on his MPG. This went on for a while until several of the guys had had enough. One day at break we were talking about it and decided we would all pitch in for some gas and every day when the guy would go to the restroom someone would go out and put a little gas in his car. He was estatic! every day we would get a new report. 40 MPG, 50, 60, 75 he just couldn't stop figuring out his mileage and bragging to all of us. Then he took the car in for it's 1000 mile check up, and we stopped. His mileage plumited back to the 25 or 30 MPG the riceburners got back then and he blamed the dealer! They had somehow screwed his car up when they did the 1000 mile checkup. I left the company shortly thereafter and don't know how it ended but knowing that bunch I'd bet they started siphoning some out everyday until they got all their gas back.

Bugs

Actually, Blair Pack came up with most of the ideas, but I was a ranking contender...bouncing our feet up and down so the old wood floors would flex. Not much, but enough to be felt. (His room was on the third floor and things could be felt up there.) Then someone screamed "EARTHQUAKE" and the room flushed before he could get out of his chair.

lol.. oh, gosh that is so much fun.. lol... It is tough being a grown up, huh? lol

Saw a gas station advertising gas at 2.99.9 today and it reminded me of a joke a bunch of us played on a fellow worker. This was back in the early 70's and this trend setter went out and bought one of them Japanese cars. Nobody would have said much about it except that he kept bragging about all the money he was saving and it seemed like we were getting daily reports on his MPG. This went on for a while until several of the guys had had enough. One day at break we were talking about it and decided we would all pitch in for some gas and every day when the guy would go to the restroom someone would go out and put a little gas in his car. He was estatic! every day we would get a new report. 40 MPG, 50, 60, 75 he just couldn't stop figuring out his mileage and bragging to all of us. Then he took the car in for it's 1000 mile check up, and we stopped. His mileage plumited back to the 25 or 30 MPG the riceburners got back then and he blamed the dealer! They had somehow screwed his car up when they did the 1000 mile checkup. I left the company shortly thereafter and don't know how it ended but knowing that bunch I'd bet they started siphoning some out everyday until they got all their gas back.

Bugs

I wonder how much warranty work he got before they finally gave up? lol.

So, tonight I thought I could get on the site by following a email link back to it.. my plan was to stop the emails somehow.. lol.. But, nope, I don't know the password.. This is so cruel, I have a bunch of emails and I am not replying cuz you have to do it thru the board.. I am so getting even with him over this.. just so... This really lays down the dueling pistols.. lol.. I admit this tops any joke I have ever done in my whole life, cuz I can't stop it.. lol.. I think I will box up Rat dog and send her on a mission to bite his ankles for picking on me.. lol.. His wife will kill him when she finds out I am sure of it.. lol

As I was reading all of these I was thinking that I've never done pulled any pranks on anyone other than the usual "TPing" houses when I was in junior high.

But when I read the one about switching typewriter keys I remembered that I have pulled some on one of my coworkers. A coworker than knows very little about computers.

One of the other teachers thought it was funny to change my screen saver every few days. Cute the first few times but I got tired of it.

I am the "computer lady" for our campus. I have total access to every computer so I could really mess them up but that's no fun, just more work for me.

So, I decided to mess with her "just alittle"

She has 4 computers in her classroom. I turned the screen sideways on all 4 computers and left it that way with her begging me to fix it.

She left my screen saver alone for a couple weeks and then messed with it again.

So....

I set her Microsoft Word program in a way that everytime she typed her last name it would automaticly change to "Crazy Woman"

She had to type a letter to parents and when she would type her name at the bottom it would change. She tried it a few times before I could hear her scream my name from way down the hall.

I calmly said to myself "oh she must have typed her name"

Don't mess with your IT person. :->

As I was reading all of these I was thinking that I've never done pulled any pranks on anyone other than the usual "TPing" houses when I was in junior high.

But when I read the one about switching typewriter keys I remembered that I have pulled some on one of my coworkers. A coworker than knows very little about computers.

One of the other teachers thought it was funny to change my screen saver every few days. Cute the first few times but I got tired of it.

I am the "computer lady" for our campus. I have total access to every computer so I could really mess them up but that's no fun, just more work for me.

So, I decided to mess with her "just alittle"

She has 4 computers in her classroom. I turned the screen sideways on all 4 computers and left it that way with her begging me to fix it.

She left my screen saver alone for a couple weeks and then messed with it again.

So....

I set her Microsoft Word program in a way that everytime she typed her last name it would automaticly change to "Crazy Woman"

She had to type a letter to parents and when she would type her name at the bottom it would change. She tried it a few times before I could hear her scream my name from way down the hall.

I calmly said to myself "oh she must have typed her name"

Don't mess with your IT person. :->

That last sentence you can take to the bank. I kinda liked the little program where the letters started falling like raindrops too.

My greatest all time practical joke was while I was in service. I was a crew chief on a Huey :FlagAm: during the early 70's.....while flying along one night about 6000 feet, it was a summer night, clear skies and my pilots were getting in some night flying time....the co-pilot was a W-1 that was a real nice guy, he was nodding off in the right seat while my pilot(a captain with two tours in Nam) was doing most of the flying...I am sitting in the back kinda bored, and was watching the W-1 when a thought came to mind...I reached up and turned off the W-1's intercom, and told the Captain I was going to play a little joke on the W-1 , I told him what I was going to do, and being the trooper he was, and a person that enjoyed a good joke said go ahead....I put my monkey strap on(this is a harness that I would put on when I was going to be hanging out of the bird so if I slipped it would keep me from falling to the ground and maybe hurting myself :blush: ) I then climbed out on the skid, inched up to where I was even with the W-1's window(which was down to get some fresh air) I then stepped up on the step used to get into the cockpit, I then let out a huge yell and run my hand in through the window grabbing the W-1 in the chest(now remember we are flying at 100 knots, at about 6,000 feet in the air, when this W-1 wakes up to see a hand come through the window and grab him),I have never seen a mans eyes open so wide,they were big as silver dollars, as he is going into convulsions, screaming,trying to escape this hand that came from the heavens to grab him,I am clutching his chest and hollering at the top on my lungs trying to keep from falling off the step and skid.....once I got back into the back of the bird, and once the W-1 had calmed down a little, took a couple minutes for him to get his breath back, he cussed me for what seemed like 20 or 30 minutes, then threatened me with great bodily harm for awhile, I asked him what he thought when he opened his eyes and saw this hand come in through the window flying along at 100 knots at 6,000 feet and grab him, he told me he thought it was the Hand of God and he was a goner.......he did manage not to crap in his flight suit, not even piss on himself,which me and the Captain both though was amazing, but it took at least an hour before his heart rate got back down to normal, and for some reason any time after that when he flew with me, he never opened his window nor did he ever again nod off if I was in the back seat....I did buy several rounds of drinks once we got back to base, and he did after a while forgive me.....but he told me he would never forget the night the he saw the Hand Of God,

Archived