SASS Wire Forum

buttstock cover

halfcockedd

where is a good place online to find a good buttstock cover for a rifle and shotgun.

please post a link of where to find one!!

your fellow shooter,

where is a good place online to find a good buttstock cover for a rifle and shotgun.

please post a link of where to find one!!

your fellow shooter,

thanks! il have to check them out!

I just received a tooled buttstock cover from Cowtown Katy's eBay store. Here is a link to the one I purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6#ht_3583wt_907

There are other colors available; I ordered mine in cordovan with my alias stamped on it. Katy has other covers, some simpler and some fancier. Mine has suede on the "buttplate" side.

Now I'm just waiting for my '73 to arrive so I can try it out!

I bought a loading strip and badge holders from Katy and was pleased with them.

Ill second Cas City at the Leather Forum and especially since it is a board just like this one, you will be discussing what you want with the leather workers. Butt stock covers can be made in many ways and styles which those guys can help you pick from if you need more than the basics. It can also be just a fun site where some pretty talented guys show off their leather crafting skills and their photos are right there with their posts. http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/board,57.0.html

Howdy,

If you like to have a particular logo or maybe alias or badge number,

put it on the buttcover rather than putting it on a buttstock.

That way when you decide to upgrade you dont have to sell a long gun with your logo in the stock.

And there is a chance that the cover might fit the new one.

Best

CR

Here's another for Cowtown Katy. hr and her husband do really good work at good prices. All my butt stocks and my boot tops comes from them. You can also check their stuff out on ebay

cowtownkaty@eatel.net

Archived