SASS Wire Forum

Shooting a drilling for Plainsman

Big Sarge

I've run across a good deal on an LC Smith drilling in 10x10x44-40 and it seems like this would be great when shooting Plainsman. Does anyone else use a drilling? Or am I better off sticking with my double barrel 12 & a trapdoor that I currently use

I don't know about Plainsman, but early on I shot a Drilling in one match as my shotgun. But when I saw the beating that guns take, I never brought it back. Too valuable a gun for this sport.

Buena suerte,

eGG

I've run across a good deal on an LC Smith drilling in 10x10x44-40 and it seems like this would be great when shooting Plainsman. Does anyone else use a drilling? Or am I better off sticking with my double barrel 12 & a trapdoor that I currently use

What a neat combo. An American gun in 10 gauge and .44-40.

You might want to check with the Cody Museum or the L. C. Smith Collectors Association before you decide to shoot the drilling in competition.

A couple of years ago, a 12 X 44.40 went at auction for $28,000.

External condition was fair. Not rust or pitting, but most of the finish was gone. Bores and mechanicals were pristine.

(I bid on it, but it went for far above my meager means)

Wild Shot

Hmm, thanks for the info. This one is only $800, so something might not be right. A deal like this might just be too good to be true

Archived