SASS Wire Forum

Treso Nipple Source ?

Clemsum

I have an old (1960's) "Big Navy" 1851 .36 and the nipples need to be replaced. I have seen many references to Treso nipples on the wire but I am unable to find an "in stock" source for them. I have seen "Track of the Wolf" mentioned and searched their site a moment ago and the only response was for a valve.

Are Treso's also listed as another brand name?

Any suggestions for another source that might have them in stock?

Thanks, Clemsum

Yakima Red is a Treso Dealer

Red

The Possible Shop is a good source.

Possible Shop

--Dawg

Apparently there was a shortage of theses awhile ago, and apparently not now. The Possible Shop has them again, look under Ampco nipples.

Thanks to all, I followed the links and learned that the nipples listed as AMPCO were in fact Treso and are in stock at places I had already checked.

Thanks again,

Clemsum

I have an old (1960's) "Big Navy" 1851 .36 and the nipples need to be replaced. I have seen many references to Treso nipples on the wire but I am unable to find an "in stock" source for them. I have seen "Track of the Wolf" mentioned and searched their site a moment ago and the only response was for a valve.

Are Treso's also listed as another brand name?

Any suggestions for another source that might have them in stock?

Thanks, Clemsum

Went to the House of Muskets site. No direct link for nipples. Filled out their contact form about 15 min ago Essentially 11 PM AZ time. Got a reply within aobut 5 min in my email in my response to needing nipples for a Pietta 1858.

Should be out part 11-50-106 for a pack of six nipples price $35.50 each. You may call the shop to place an order.

JP Rappenecker

This is the same price for a 6 pack of other nipples at the Gunbroker site.

Recommend you give them a call

Maybe just a little off topic, but when did Treso nipples get so pricey?

I bought a pack(6)two or three years ago for about $18 when I wanted to try them out. (wish I could remember where) Now they're $35!?!? That's about 15% or more of the cost of a whole gun. $6 per nipple seems a little high, or is it just me?

I like 'em, but not for that price.

I'm sorry I didn't buy more at the time. Oh well

Angus

I just posted concerning the nipples on several new Piettas I took to the range today. It looks like Pietta has finally got these Colt style revolvers to handle their in house nipples right. These are really pretty little guns and feel real comfortable in the hand. I hope to be shooting some other new c&b revolvers over the next week or so.

Maybe just a little off topic, but when did Treso nipples get so pricey?

I bought a pack(6)two or three years ago for about $18 when I wanted to try them out. (wish I could remember where) Now they're $35!?!? That's about 15% or more of the cost of a whole gun. $6 per nipple seems a little high, or is it just me?

I like 'em, but not for that price.

I'm sorry I didn't buy more at the time. Oh well

Angus

I was thinking the same thing. I have Tresos on about ten revolvers and I don't remember what I paid several years ago but it surely wasn't $35.50 for a six-pack.

Archived