SASS Wire Forum

Johnny Depp as the Lone Ranger

Dutch Al #22045

Depp excels at playing semi-psychotic characters (although Sweeney Todd was totally out there) so this ought to be a good fit.

Think about - you get betrayed by a trusted scout, you're the sole survivor of a massacre where all your friends including your brother are killed, and you're severely wounded ... it's got to do something to your head.

Bet the Depp ranger won't be Mr. Squeaky Clean in spandex at all.

Um, pretty sure Depp is playing TONTO. They haven't announced who will be playing the Ranger.

Hi-Yo and Awwaaayy,

That Masked Man

Unless you were born elsewhere. most of us ARE native Americans. The Census folks figured out that and changed their forms years ago when wise guys checked the "Native American" box for their race and technically were truthful.

Johnny Depp was born in Owensboro, KY which makes him a native American. I was born in Louisville, KY and claim the same heritage. However, I did not audition for the part of Tonto.

Please, not George Clooney as the Lone Ranger. That man could screw up a wet dream.

I have never seen a movie of his I liked. I watch O! Brother. Where art thou? with the sound off until it comes to the music.

Please, not George Clooney as the Lone Ranger. That man could screw up a wet dream.

I have never seen a movie of his I liked. I watch O! Brother. Where art thou? with the sound off until it comes to the music.

Clooney bugs me too. You ever notice he rarely looks another character in eyes? He's always looking down or away. David Caruso does the same thing. It must be the "method" acting they were taugh.

:rolleyes: Wait a minute. Johnny Depp. I always thought John Wayne, Tom Selleck, or Sam Elliot would be a good fit. Depp I am not too sure of. And Megan Fox as Tonta... Oh I forgot its Tonto....oh well screenwriters priviledges...well The Lone Ranger can always dream.

Hi-Yo Silver Awaaaaaaayyyyyy

TLR

Maybe a real native american could play the Lone Ranger???

Best

CR

Yup I can see it that way - Native American playin' Lone Ranger and white guy playin' Tonto ~ classic PC Hollywood. :lol:

GG ~ :)

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Hollywood has tried to resurrect the Lone Ranger:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082648/

Klinton WHO??!!??

The vacuum cleaner in my closet could have done a better job of acting.

Tell you the truth; I think ol Johnny would have done Los Lone Guy proud! I think he may have a good Doc Holliday in him somewhere.

"Sabe"

S.G.

Oh Man did you hit it on the head!! Johnny Depp would make a marvelous Doc Holiday!

Another thought would be Billy the Kid, another seriously disturbed individual.

Ick.

It will be silly. If Depp says it is funny then it will be funny. And silly. I'd like to see a serious movie made out of those interesting characters.

***Nubbins***

Unless you were born elsewhere. most of us ARE native Americans. The Census folks figured out that and changed their forms years ago when wise guys checked the "Native American" box for their race and technically were truthful.

Johnny Depp was born in Owensboro, KY which makes him a native American. I was born in Louisville, KY and claim the same heritage. However, I did not audition for the part of Tonto.

Sidebar - THAT WOULD BE CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Nubbins***

:):lol::mellow::D:D

I sure wish they would get PRO-GUN actors to play the heros in Westerns.

But there ain't many who really are pro-gun. :huh:;)

Mustang Gregg

(Who's definately a pro-gun character)

~~THE DARK RANGER~~And his mount,~THUNDER~

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...fulrig030-2.jpg

ON THUNDER!!! ON!!!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...ghtning-1-1.jpg

The Prequal,The Other Side...

Hmmm? I wonder who would be a good Lone Ranger?

Maybe Josh Brolin.

Depp excels at playing semi-psychotic characters (although Sweeney Todd was totally out there) so this ought to be a good fit.

Think about - you get betrayed by a trusted scout, you're the sole survivor of a massacre where all your friends including your brother are killed, and you're severely wounded ... it's got to do something to your head.

Bet the Depp ranger won't be Mr. Squeaky Clean in spandex at all.

yeah, keep it as real as possible...pg13

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

The Lone Ranger is disguised as a pool table when Tonto comes home and racks him...

Archived