SASS Wire Forum

AB962 DEFEATED

hud

Actually, there are plenty of other reasons to leave California besides gun laws. Overcrowded cities, freeways, taxes, home prices, air pollution, cost of living in general.....

The county I live in has a population of 65,000. My town has about 2300. Biggest city here has about 13,000. "Rush hour" is maybe 10 cars. Sonoma Co. which I left a few years ago is larger, but way from the Hwy 101 corridor it is open land, ranches and farms. Lots of open country. What you describe about overcrowding takes up maybe 5% of the land. Yeah, taxes are higher then some places. And home prices in some areas - mostly because so many people had been moving here from other states and mostly wanting to live in or near those overcrowded cities.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
Thanks Long Hunter. Real stand-up Cowboy.

Fillmore (Who tried to teach his children right and now I've got grandchildren. We will get California back)

grand children are your reward for not killing your children :)

Howdy all....Just a little observation....when I lived in Texas (12 years) I did a little reading on the

subject of where to live. There have been thousands of studies done and when you

add it all up, guess what? The States are so close you woulden't believe it!

Just look at the taxes, utilities, insurance, staples and you would be surprized.

Theres more to it than money that's fer sure!

Happy trails

QDG 48525 :)

Lucky and I were over at the American Legion yesterday afternoon hangin' out with our usual group of Patriots and Cowboy shooters.......when the red message light on my BlackBerry started blinking like all get out. I was receiving emails from Walker '47 and other CAS pards regarding the defeat of this bill. Turned out to be one great evening!

That being said, I just finished reading this thread with interest (and more than a little bit of disgust). Ethan Cord said it a few posts back and I'll sort of say it again in a different way. California is a "Blue" State - there's no denying it. BUT - there are lots of us out here that have been fighting the goings on each day with our time, letters, emails, phone calls and wallets (supporting the CRPA & NRA). We do it night and day. Hud, IROT and Walker '47 are not only cowboys, but cowboy shootin' business owners that are there with the rest of us fighting this crap day in and day out. We know where we live........and we know what we're up against. We're not done - or done in - by any means!

Yes, this bill will probably be back in a different form someday soon........and a whole lot of us will still be standing together and fighting it again. So for those of you who live in other States that don't have our problems (yet).........good for you! We're doing the best we can out here and I for one am damn proud of it. Our glasses are half FULL, so if you'd like to raise one with us, we welcome you. However, if yours is half EMPTY......go drink somewhere else.

And Long Hunter........thank you! CRPA is the real deal!

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
Actually, there are plenty of other reasons to leave California besides gun laws. Overcrowded cities, freeways, taxes, home prices, air pollution, cost of living in general.....

Not all of California is made up of cities and such. It's actually a small percentage of the state. But even with that I've found that a lot of city type folks like to live in cities, and more power to them if they are happy living in cities. But honestly, that's not the majority of California.

I live in Calaveras County which has a population of just under 45,000 with over 2,000 residents having CCWs. My "town" of Glencoe consists of a Post Office and an American Legion Post and has a population of 189. The nearest Stop Sign going to the nearest big town of 4,000 (Jackson) is 9 miles from my gate. There ain't nothing "city" about this area.

Taxes here in California are high yes, but in some aspects like say Property and Sales Taxes only 24% comes from Property Taxes and 24% of the state collected taxes come from Sales Taxes. Taxes in your state of Arizona are higher in comparison where your Property Taxes are 27% and your Sales Tax is 40% of what your state collects. They get you guys on Sales and Property, and us on Income Tax.

As for the air pollution, home prices, and cost of living? Well the air is cleaner today than it has in 50 years, home values and subsequently prices have dropped like a rock, and the cost of living is up because we among other reason like state over taxing companies here ... we also pay more for gas than most other states do and subsequently transportation cost are passed on to us the consumer. But then again that's everywhere as well.

The whole of California has a lot of great qualities. It also has some real problems, one of the problem areas that California has is a few blocks in Sacramento called the Capital.

Long Hunter has my respect and appreciation because he supports like minded people no matter where they live. His action reminds me of the contributions that were made to help Arizona finance her fight with the Feds over her new immigration law.

It's just the Cowboy way!

Hmmm....sounds like Pheonix! :)

Archived