SASS Wire Forum

question from 2 westerns

Trigger Mike

I dunno. I guess it depended if she was good-looking or not. :rolleyes:

Women, for the most, part were chattel. Rich ones often had more than one wife too and the alpha woman might encourage additional help. It was a hard life and contributed to low birth rates. Besides every warrior needed an extra set of teeth to soften those hides and cook. :rolleyes:

Hawk and Slick will clarify all this soon as they vacuum and clean up the dishes. <_<

tipi etiquette: (1) Women should never sit cross-legged like men. They can sit on their heels or with their legs to one side. (2) In a group of men only the older ones should initiate conversation. The younger men should politely remain silent unless they are invited to speak by an elder. (3) When the host cleans his pipe everyone should leave.A woman should have a man.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

In the book and film, "Hondo", the Apache chief had adopted Mrs. Lowe's son Johnny as a brother and was concerned that the boy should be raised as an Apache. The chief wanted an Apache step-father for Johnny, but was satisfied when Mrs. Lowe told him that Hondo was her husband, as Hondo had shown himself to a man of strength, honor and was conversant with Apache ways.

Women, for the most, part were chattel. Rich ones often had more than one wife too and the alpha woman might encourage additional help. It was a hard life and contributed to low birth rates. Besides every warrior needed an extra set of teeth to soften those hides and cook. :rolleyes:

Hawk and Slick will clarify all this soon as they vacuum and clean up the dishes. ;)

Slick can wash da dishes,...and da dustin' !!! :lol:

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

In the book and film, "Hondo", the Apache chief had adopted Mrs. Lowe's son Johnny as a brother and was concerned that the boy should be raised as an Apache. The chief wanted an Apache step-father for Johnny, but was satisfied when Mrs. Lowe told him that Hondo was her husband, as Hondo had shown himself to a man of strength, honor and was conversant with Apache ways.

I can only speak fer da Apache Tribe....

In da old days, us Apache wood raid other tribes fer food, hosses and slaves. Almost all tribes of Natives wood do da same thing.

Da differance bein' when da Apache hit, all warriors of the other tribe whar kilt out rat. Da young males whar raised by Apache women, da very young males whar kept wif their mothers and da mothers whar taken as slaves.

Now, in my oun case, my Dad (Full Apache) met and fell in love wif my Mom (1/2 German, 1/2 Irsh). When dey married, dey moved to White Sands Res and I was born.

Fer an Apache to adopt a white man's son, dat man wood have to be a blood brother. And da Apache wood not like da white man's son much. It takes a hell of a lot to become "blood brothers" wif an Apache.

Archived