SASS Wire Forum

Ammo Sale, or Swap

I would like to sell, or swap with someone in Georgia 320 rounds of Military Surplus .308 FMJ (7.62x51 147 grain), FTF....I'm just south of Atlanta.

Thanks.

As you will notice in the post below this ammo uses a burdan primers, which are not easy to reload, so I've lowered the price to $75 for the lot. I have also noticed that I have 10 rounds of federal gold medal match in .308, and 10 rounds of federal Power Shok. I will include them in the deal. So, that's 320 rounds of mil surplus plus 20 rounds of premium for only $75.

I got a pm asking about headstamp information so I thought I would update the post with that information.

I don't know the manufacturer unfortunately, but the headstamp says "7.62 R1M1 B81" I bought them at the local Army Navy Store a couple of years ago for a rifle I no longer own. They came in sealed heavy plastic bags (brown), 140 rounds per pack. I've got one unopened pack and two others that are open (by me) and partially used. Inside the packs they are in small cardboard boxes, 20 to a box.

Not to display my ignorance, but what are the implications of having berdan primers? BTW, I'm pretty sure I remember the sales guy at the Army Navy store saying that it was South African, so your id is probably right.

Never mind I looked it up. So to be fair these probably have berdan primers and thus can't be reloaded easily. So I'll make the price $75, or 150 rounds of 45 LC.

If your south of Atlanta, coming to monthly match at Valdosta, 1st Saturday each month. I'll take em then if you come shoot with us. MT

I'm about a half an hour south of Atlanta, which is still a fair bit from Valdosta (at least a couple of hours) I've never been to a match, my first will be with Doc Holliday's Immortals on the second Saturday of February. Have you ever shot up here?

Archived