SASS Wire Forum

Wild Bunch Uniform Purveyor

Still no harrumph...

:);)

I don't know what I did to p--- off the good Captain in the first place. Whatever it was, I apologize. After all, he did give my website the ultimate compliment. "halfway decent." For that I'm grateful. That's high praise indeed.

I guess he won't be attending the annual meeting of my fan club. :ph34r:

It's just as well. It's held every July 26th in a phone booth in Peoria, and a third person wouldn't fit.

Hi Allie,

When I started shooting semi-auto pistols, I had trouble operating the slide too. I began doing bicep curls and tricep pulls with weights and did squeezes with a foam ball for girp strength. In no time I noticed a difference in my arm and grip strength. My arms don't get as tired in regular CAS too. What's next, a shooting workout DVD? hahaha!

Just my 2 cents.

Tumbleweed Rose

Hi Rose,

Thanks for the tips. I do need to exerrcise. I've got weights and tapes from when I was more ambitious.

Good luck with your WB shooting!

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Dear Bill, I am sorry for the hijack! Thank you for starting the thread.

Forgive me for daring to point out what wasn’t obvious and that people wouldn’t realize there was a difference between what was used in the movie and your historical examples. Having done a lot of research on the subject and owning a few examples of original uniforms (as well as a screen-used shirt from the movie itself) I have no idea what I was thinking, bucking against the legend that is you. I defer to your infinite knowledge in all things from now until the end of time. I’ve seen the error of my ways for transgressing against a regular contributor to The Chronicle.

I’ll say my Hail Mary’s and never bother you again. And I will walk away, bowing and scraping as I do, forever leaving you to your thread and the info it contains, questionable or not. :FlagAm:

You apparently have never met Captain Baylor. I find your post to be unnecessarily sarcastic and ungentlemanly. I don't know why you turned a simple discussion of uniforming into an insulting response. :FlagAm:

I feel some responsibility for starting this thread (although it certainly has been hijacked - discussion of WB pistols for women) but hey, in the immortal words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?".

I have appreciated the input of all parties and have found the information helpful. I am glad this forum is here because it has certainly helped me short circuit a lot of searches for numerous items pertaining to this fine sport.

Skin can get thin out there. Not sure every disagreement is meant to be disagreeable.

Personnally I will mostly wear cotton outfits here in AZ. Now having said that, when it is wet and cold wool is a much better choice.

Fortunately I am no longer in the real Army so I no longer have to endure wet and cold. I can always wimp out and go home or crawl in to the fifthwheel and crank the heat.

Long term I probably will end up with wool uniforms to wear when conditions warrant. They certainly look better.

I did get proper wool trousers as part of my 1880s Infantry Uniform, but balked at the $125 Wool shirt, settling for the $55 Cotton - maybe next year.

Interesting thread.

But not sure why it is here.

Heck. They went to all the time and trouble, to make a whole section, and a separate forum just for WB stuff

for you folks.

And instead of useing it?????

Interesting thread.

But not sure why it is here.

Heck. They went to all the time and trouble, to make a whole section, and a separate forum just for WB stuff

for you folks.

And instead of useing it?????

Yep, in fact there are two forums just for the Wild Bunch. :blink: The sooner we all start using them the sooner we will have alota good info condensed in the right place. :)

SASS Wild Bunch

CAS City Wild Bunch

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Allow me to retort....it is here because I was not aware of a SASS Wild Bunch forum. Sorry, but I do not visit the wire near as much as I used to and simply needed information about Wild Bunch uniforms....the movie....not the people who run SASS. So, I apologize for placing the thread in the wrong place.

On the other hand, this thread has been up and running for days now and no one has said a thing about the Wild Bunch forums until last night. Are there moderators who are supposed to be looking at these things?

Just went to look at the menu. I see no mention of SASS Wild Bunch as a forum. Am I missing something?

It seems the WB forum has disappeared with the launching of the new format. Perhaps it will return soon. :unsure:

Allow me to retort....it is here because I was not aware of a SASS Wild Bunch forum. Sorry, but I do not visit the wire near as much as I used to and simply needed information about Wild Bunch uniforms....the movie....not the people who run SASS. So, I apologize for placing the thread in the wrong place.

No big deal, folks are gonna continue to post threads here about the WB, I just posted the links for folks that don't know they are avalible. Sorry to see your thread got hijacked so fast, I too am very interested on where to find affordable WB clothing, the same three spots keep coming up with Coon Creek the least expensive. One nice thing about the other forums is they tend to stay on subject much more so than here :huh: .........but then again this is the SASS whar :o and you never know what you'll get here :lol::D;)

It seems the WB forum has disappeared with the launching of the new format. Perhaps it will return soon. :unsure:

It's hiding here: Wild Bunch Forum

Yep, in fact there are two forums just for the Wild Bunch. :blink: The sooner we all start using them the sooner we will have alota good info condensed in the right place. :)

SASS Wild Bunch

CAS City Wild Bunch

Yep.

Now I don't really care if they are here or not. They don't bother me at all.

But like he says. The sooner you get folks useing it. The more info that will be there.

I mean. They DID go to the trouble to make it for you.

If ya don't start useing it. They may just do away with it. <_<

That's all I am saying.

And like the person that started the thread. Many don't know it's there.

Okay, I am going to hijack my own thread. I have now tried to register twice on the Wild Bunch forum and have been told I answered the "anti-bot" question wrong. Rest assured, I have not answered it incorrectly. The first time it was simple addition and I even used a dad burned calculator and the second time it was a color and I am not color blind.

What in tarnation is up with this???

Okay, I am going to hijack my own thread. I have now tried to register twice on the Wild Bunch forum and have been told I answered the "anti-bot" question wrong. Rest assured, I have not answered it incorrectly. The first time it was simple addition and I even used a dad burned calculator and the second time it was a color and I am not color blind.

What in tarnation is up with this???

It worked okay for me.

Archived