SASS Wire Forum

Deja......Your own personal Misery weather forecast......

EE Taft

More of tha white stuff comin' tonight......

Cold......

Snowy.........

WHITE STUFF!!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Ready fer spring!

~EE Taft~

Git a 66 in 45LC. I got one and I love it !:wub:

It has begun the snowin' and blowin' here............

............'bout two more inches. I been out four wheel drivin' in it. :D

Apache, The only thing that I worry about is this...........

How hard is it to change the springs in the '66 compaired to the '73?

The '73 having the removeable side plates looks to be much easier. If the '66 is easy enough for my feable mind to figure out then that is the only way I would go. I love a '66. just worry about slickin' it up as I like to do all that myself.

~EE Taft~

EE

Here too and they are saying FREZING RAIN to go with it .

Hurry up SPRING

CB

Y'all can keep all the freezin' rain down there, thank you!! :lol:

Y'all be safe!!!!!! Be careful!!!!!!!!!!

~EE Taft~

OK Deja, which one would you like?..........

..........And don't say Marlin. <_<

I'm goin' fer a CC gun. ;)

~EE Taft~

Darn you took Marlin out of it I don't have a dog in the fight.. lol.. So, I would say..................... one of each cuz I am a gun tramp.. loll. Bought a little Colt 22 derrigner today, geesh EE there were so many cool guns there... I love single actions but I pretty much fell in love with a lot of non-singles today.. now while I would never even consider dating a married man, I would consider taking home a lot of the non-single guns today.. lol... Bad joke, huh? lol.. They had a space gun, it was so cool... but te 1911 Springfield was shinny and had a pearl handle I love it.. Oh, gosh I loved the little engraved 22 too... If I ever win the lotto I am moving to a large lot with a workshed, and a Huge Gun Safe.. I will just live in the gun safe, that is where I will be most of the time anyhow.. lol

Darn you took Marlin out of it I don't have a dog in the fight.. lol.. So, I would say..................... one of each cuz I am a gun tramp.. loll. Bought a little Colt 22 derrigner today, geesh EE there were so many cool guns there... I love single actions but I pretty much fell in love with a lot of non-singles today.. now while I would never even consider dating a married man, I would consider taking home a lot of the non-single guns today.. lol... Bad joke, huh? lol.. They had a space gun, it was so cool... but te 1911 Springfield was shinny and had a pearl handle I love it.. Oh, gosh I loved the little engraved 22 too... If I ever win the lotto I am moving to a large lot with a workshed, and a Huge Gun Safe.. I will just live in the gun safe, that is where I will be most of the time anyhow.. lol

Nope, no Marlin!!

At least not for now. All the other guns sound fun though.

~EE Taft~

Bro. EET, I just knew ya shudda moved out this way...Sno Gone Man :D Spring is here ^_^

Yup, ......go ahead....

Rub it in......

Pour the salt.....

One of these day it'll warm up.

Enjoy yer warm weather, Bro Slick!

~EE Taft~

EE

Basicley the 66 and the 73 are the same action , Biggest differance is the side plates as you noted . The 73 also has a stronger bbl to action juncture . It is easier to remove and install the side plates on a 73 , you do not have to remove the leaver screw to get the plates off . Tune up and install of short stroke kits are the same process and patrs . The loading gate is also stronger on a 73 than a 66 . To me it is easier to manatin a 73 but I have a couple of 66s , I could not find a 73 when I got them .

See ya down the trail

Chickasaw Bill

Like you, Deja, I, too wood never date a married man !!!:lol:

Well, to be honest, every time I touch a auto weapon, I git flash backs.:angry: So I got shed of all'em. Shore wished I'd known ya back den.

Can't see me ounself shootin' a 22 derringner.:blink: Now ifin' it was a 45LC, now dat wood be cool.

And as fer as da lotto goes, my bookie gar-run-teed me I wood win, so don't even brother buyin' tickets.......

On 2nd thought, buy a bunch........MORE $$$$$ FER ME !!!!!!:lol:

Yup, ......go ahead....

Rub it in......

Pour the salt.....

One of these day it'll warm up.

Enjoy yer warm weather, Bro Slick!

~EE Taft~

Now, dat just aint rat !!!:blink:

Montana is higher and west of me, but dey got no snow ????:unsure:

And we got 47+ in. on da ground wif 2 more months of winter to come !!!!:wacko:

AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................:ph34r:

Now, dat just aint rat !!!:blink:

Montana is higher and west of me, but dey got no snow ????:unsure:

And we got 47+ in. on da ground wif 2 more months of winter to come !!!!:wacko:

AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................:ph34r:

Yeah........

We get 6 inches then melting, then flooding, then more snow.

But I sure wouldn't want 47 inches on the ground at once!

Had enough of that when I was a kid out west.

~EE Taft~

EE

Basicley the 66 and the 73 are the same action , Biggest differance is the side plates as you noted . The 73 also has a stronger bbl to action juncture . It is easier to remove and install the side plates on a 73 , you do not have to remove the leaver screw to get the plates off . Tune up and install of short stroke kits are the same process and patrs . The loading gate is also stronger on a 73 than a 66 . To me it is easier to manatin a 73 but I have a couple of 66s , I could not find a 73 when I got them .

See ya down the trail

Chickasaw Bill

Thanks for the info CB. Is there a site to get specs and diagrams on the work?

I'd like to go with a '66, but thought it would be much harder to do an action job.

I've never been into one before, but I'm certainly not afraid to try anything once!

:D

~EE Taft~

Well, I've made my decision on the rifle........

Ol' Phil Rezac made me a deal I couldn't pass up on a '73 w/24" BBL in .45lc............

I'll have to wait on the '66 fer now..........maybe get one later on in the summer...........

Ahhhhhh.......summer! It sure would be nice if it would get here!

~EE Taft~

Archived