SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a gunsmith who works on 10 gauge doubles

Chantry

I have a modern Spanish 10 gauge double that I might be looking to have work done on. Is there anybody who works on 10 gauges? Probably just need the chambers polished and the gun re-timed so that it opens all the way.

I have a modern Spanish 10 gauge double that I might be looking to have work done on. Is there anybody who works on 10 gauges? Probably just need the chambers polished and the gun re-timed so that it opens all the way.

Anyone with experience with the 12ga double should be able to work a 10ga. The question is what type action is this double. If it's the Anson & Delee style it will clean up nice. If it's the Purdy rocker style it won't come out as well.

Anyone with experience with the 12ga double should be able to work a 10ga. The question is what type action is this double. If it's the Anson & Delee style it will clean up nice. If it's the Purdy rocker style it won't come out as well.

Don't have the faintest clue on the action. On the other hand, if I wanted to go real fast with a double, I wouldn't be using a 12lb 10 gauge :)

Hi Chantry

Just a note to say hi and miss you guys with the bushwackers, i also miss your 10-G with black powder, we have very little black powder shooters down in Florida. I have been doing a lot of shooting twice a week for practice and once a month for a match and then i have been going to other clubs for shoots. Having a good time will be back in the summer.

Connecticut Yankee.

How about Jimmy SPurs for the 10 G He did my ttn and did a good job.

Archived