SASS Wire Forum

Curley Cole

Deja Vous

Hey.. so how much more did you find in the bucket for out panning trip? lol. Yesterday at my Dads house I went out to visit my overstock of junk in his garage.. lol. While I was t here I picked up my black wading boots and my pan... considering my life vests for Rat dog and I and dry sacks but left them.. lol.. In another month I will bring down my camping stuff too, cuz spring is about to sprung as they say.

Winter hibernation is about compete, and I am ready now to start visiting some panning sites, old minning sites, and what ever ya'lll do to strike it rich out here.. lol.. Okay that part was a joke. So, is Muley still up for a high desert trip, and if so, when? lets make sure as best as we can that we don't plan it on a shooting day, cuz I have to shoot too so I understand that!!

Give me an idea, and maybe we can try to get a few interested people out there, the group doesnt' have to be big for it to be a party!!! Hugs.. Deja

DV

Folks would think what i found in the bucket of material (dirt) would be no big deal. I have found about 9-10 tiny nuggettes (big enough to pick up with tweezers) but I keep adding it to my vial and the canyon gold is adding up...

I want to go back up and get more panning material because after the rains the flood gold will be there, I went and shot at Silver Queen and the water in the stream there is incredible.

my only problem is the pain has been keeping me down lately....almost in bed....it is really bad.

If you want to make a trip up for some material I am up to it kind of...

haven't heard much from Muley lately. There is a Gold mining show at the LA Fair grounds next weekend, I am goin on Saturday..(welcome to come if interested)

curley

Way too early to think about exiting hibernation.

So if you bring home a bucket of material, I am assuming dirt, how to you deal with it at home? I don't think Miz Grizz would like me panning in the kitchen sink. I am thinking any place in a creek bed where material would settle rather than washing down would be a good place to get a bucket, is that right?

So if you bring home a bucket of material, I am assuming dirt, how to you deal with it at home? I don't think Miz Grizz would like me panning in the kitchen sink. I am thinking any place in a creek bed where material would settle rather than washing down would be a good place to get a bucket, is that right?

some nuggets

Some Real Fine Stuff

Howdy Griz

I dig the material like I would be doing it in a sluice box right there. Gold being 19x heavier than water wants to settle to the bottom. Very bottom. It will go to bedrock. Cracks in bedrock are best places. Anyways I shovel up a couple of buckets of material to take home. Some folks actually make a sluice with running water and all at their home. I keep it simple. I have a large tub in the back yard and pan in it. Be sure to add something like Jet Dry to break the water surface tension. So, I sits out back and pan my material. You could even classify it down if you want...

I am even doing a bit of hard rock mining too.....got a steel pipe with a smaller steel pipe inside and I crush the rocks I find that look promising..(then you pan the material too..)

The only time I use the kitchen sink is when I am taking the gold out of my snuffer bottle and getting the dirt out of the gold...

any questions just holler

also, if you are not experienced at panning it is a good deal to get material (dirt) from places like Felix Gold and learn to pan...(you can only do the pieces of shot in your gold pan so many times before it gets boring, plus gold comes in many sizes, and it is good to learn to pan the small to the large..(the pix show how small the fine gold can be)

good luck.

I'm going to the GPAA claim at the Creek On Monday for a few hours. Sandi and I will be at the Show either Saturday or Sunday, have other plans working so not sure what time. Haven't had much time to do much prospecting or swinging the White, been working on the homestead and other chores.

So I'm guessin' da bathroom tub is out, rat ?? :FlagAm:

Sluice Box

Ricky

That sluice is nice but kinda small.

and have you noticed my wedding band? It is gold with real gold nuggets from the american river..

here is a pix of my pard Dave with one of our sluice boxes...

good huntin

curley

DV

Folks would think what i found in the bucket of material (dirt) would be no big deal. I have found about 9-10 tiny nuggettes (big enough to pick up with tweezers) but I keep adding it to my vial and the canyon gold is adding up...

I want to go back up and get more panning material because after the rains the flood gold will be there, I went and shot at Silver Queen and the water in the stream there is incredible.

my only problem is the pain has been keeping me down lately....almost in bed....it is really bad.

If you want to make a trip up for some material I am up to it kind of...

haven't heard much from Muley lately. There is a Gold mining show at the LA Fair grounds next weekend, I am goin on Saturday..(welcome to come if interested)

curley

the gun show is next weekend or I would go along.. But I do want to get out and gold pan. Sorry if I am not in touch with ya'll as much as I should be.. I found a site that I have been chatting on and I get hooked on the live chat over there from time to time.. So far a lot of nice people seem to be on there.. has to do with my banking.. just new friends here in CA that have the same kind of banking back ground. Moving to a new area I need friends to go places with.. And I love people so I get bored being alone.

So, hey lets plan a venture out someplace cool again.. and see if we can get a few people interested... I had a great time the last time... Thanks for sharing your knowledge.. And I will bring lunch again.. all I need to know is what kinda food people like, I pack healthy as well as junkie so I can please everyone if possible.. lol

Grizzes if you are panning in the kitchen.. may I suggest steak on the BBQ, and a salad.. don't forget the walnuts.. and the apples on taht salad.. lol

Very cool... I need to get out more I need to have more fun out running in the desert.. I miss it.. and my brain misses it.. I hate the winters.. lol

some nuggets

Some Real Fine Stuff

Howdy Griz

I dig the material like I would be doing it in a sluice box right there. Gold being 19x heavier than water wants to settle to the bottom. Very bottom. It will go to bedrock. Cracks in bedrock are best places. Anyways I shovel up a couple of buckets of material to take home. Some folks actually make a sluice with running water and all at their home. I keep it simple. I have a large tub in the back yard and pan in it. Be sure to add something like Jet Dry to break the water surface tension. So, I sits out back and pan my material. You could even classify it down if you want...

I am even doing a bit of hard rock mining too.....got a steel pipe with a smaller steel pipe inside and I crush the rocks I find that look promising..(then you pan the material too..)

The only time I use the kitchen sink is when I am taking the gold out of my snuffer bottle and getting the dirt out of the gold...

any questions just holler

also, if you are not experienced at panning it is a good deal to get material (dirt) from places like Felix Gold and learn to pan...(you can only do the pieces of shot in your gold pan so many times before it gets boring, plus gold comes in many sizes, and it is good to learn to pan the small to the large..(the pix show how small the fine gold can be)

good luck.

You are the best in the west brother Curleys!! We had a great time the last t ime.. this time I am so ready.. my boots, my pan.. and my lunch. Hey lets get out and do this.. I am busy until Feb for now.. Sometime in Feb I have a Washia I am meeting up with from my past, but hey they can wait.. lets go strke it rich again.. lol.. We may never find the mother lode, but we find golden friendships evertime.. Gosh I love CA.. lol..

the gun show is next weekend or I would go along.. But I do want to get out and gold pan. Sorry if I am not in touch with ya'll as much as I should be.. I found a site that I have been chatting on and I get hooked on the live chat over there from time to time.. So far a lot of nice people seem to be on there.. has to do with my banking.. just new friends here in CA that have the same kind of banking back ground. Moving to a new area I need friends to go places with.. And I love people so I get bored being alone.

So, hey lets plan a venture out someplace cool again.. and see if we can get a few people interested... I had a great time the last time... Thanks for sharing your knowledge.. And I will bring lunch again.. all I need to know is what kinda food people like, I pack healthy as well as junkie so I can please everyone if possible.. lol

WRONG darlin, The GOLD show is next weekend (22nd and 23rd) the GUN show is the following weekend (29th and 30th) I know because I always go to the gunshow, and I am going to both....

better adjust yer calendar.

here is the gunshow calendar in case ya don't believe me:

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

later

cc

WRONG darlin, The GOLD show is next weekend (22nd and 23rd) the GUN show is the following weekend (29th and 30th) I know because I always go to the gunshow, and I am going to both....

better adjust yer calendar.

here is the gunshow calendar in case ya don't believe me:

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

later

cc

Not the show.. sorry but the auction..

oh, hud's auction?

Yep.. That is the one. I am so looking forward to seeing that..

Archived