SASS Wire Forum

Household chores -- the thing you hate most

I do about everything around the house, but dang I hate to make the bed. I hate it. I must have had the sheet scared out of me as a child, and my mind blanked it out.

You?

Taking out the trash! I hate it, and I work real hard at not over stuffing the bag because I hate to clean that mess up too... lol. It is so easy, but just not in my genes for some reason..

WORK!!!!

Four letter word---ugh!

I do about everything around the house, but dang I hate to make the bed. I hate it. I must have had the sheet scared out of me as a child, and my mind blanked it out.

You?

Maybe it waz that time at summer camp, when yew waz the guest of dishonor an yer bunk mates threw yew a blanket party. :blush:

I hate having to tell the kids to take out the trash, empty the dish washer, cut the yard, vacuum the house etc.

For some reason I can get the laundry into the machine, put it in the dryer, but just hate to get it folded and put away. What a miserable life we lead!! LOL!!

Any plumbing repair.

I have tried to repair a dripping faucet. Wound up having to replace the whole sink.

Tried to reseal a leaking toilet. Wound up having to replace the bathroom floor.

I love indoor plumbing, but repairing it sucks.

I've got 2.

Taken out da Garbage...

And dustin' !!

Dey dont stay did !! I like to do things one time only...

But deys things ya gotta do over and over gain !!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! ;)

You?

;) puns-lowest form of humor ;)

Any plumbing repair.

I have tried to repair a dripping faucet. Wound up having to replace the whole sink.

Tried to reseal a leaking toilet. Wound up having to replace the bathroom floor.

I love indoor plumbing, but repairing it sucks.

==============================================

I was not born with a gene for plumbing repair. I can change a faucet washer and that's about it. Carpentry or electrical projects or repairs however, no problem.

Yard work. Ugh. Hate it.

=====================================

Ain't that the truth! Yard work sucks, bigtime. There's too many other things I'd rather be doing, like huntin' or shootin' or fishin' or woking on some gun project.

For some reason I can get the laundry into the machine, put it in the dryer, but just hate to get it folded and put away. What a miserable life we lead!! LOL!!

Me too. When The Germinator was in Med school in Oregon I left the stuff on top of the dryer and folded it every three months before she came home. Since she passed I have occassional fold fests when I fold it all and put it away. Unfortunately I have discovered that I can use the bath tub as a laundry basket to store all the clean stuff till I get around to folding.

I hate yard work. Fortunately, I married a girl who loves it.

And I've got that problem solved concerning having to pick up my feet while she vacuums under them. I have a lazy boy recliner that does it for me. I've also been told not to operate any of her "tools". I'm in charge of household repairs, car maintenance and taste testing.

DISHES! :FlagAm:

Don't mind cookin, washin' clothes, takin' out the garbage, scrubbin' the toilet..ANYTHING but doing dishes! :unsure:

==============================================

I was not born with a gene for plumbing repair. I can change a faucet washer and that's about it. Carpentry or electrical projects or repairs however, no problem.

I know 3 things bout lectricy.....

#1 Ground whar

#2 Hot whar

and when ya goof....

#3 OUCH !! :FlagAm:

I hate yard work. Fortunately, I married a girl who loves it.

And I've got that problem solved concerning having to pick up my feet while she vacuums under them. I have a lazy boy recliner that does it for me. I've also been told not to operate any of her "tools". I'm in charge of household repairs, car maintenance and taste testing.

+1

If I have to do chores, I hate to do dishes. My feet are too big. That's why women have smaller feet...So they can stand closer to the sink.

Cleaning toilets

When my husband and I got married we made a deal.

He would clean the toilets and I would keep my fingernails long and painted red.

Pretty good deal I think.

Schoolmarm loves the yard work. I had to cut grass and help in the garden when I was a kid. I don't even want to hear the lawnmower run!!

I'll fix the vehicles and do electrical and plumbing.

Love to cook, hate to clean up! :FlagAm:

I do my own laundry 'cause I want it done a certain way.

Life's Gooooooood!

I hate having to take the time out of my day to keep the work list up to date for the wife.....Got to do it during TV commercials..Damn, this retired life is tough.

HF

DISHES! :)

Don't mind cookin, washin' clothes, takin' out the garbage, scrubbin' the toilet..ANYTHING but doing dishes! :blink:

I'm with you Doc. I'd rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

I think it gives me KP flashbacks. :blush::P

All of the above!!!!

Dusting is at the top of the list. (The dust is back in a few hours)

So is grocery shopping and cooking. Oh, wait! I don't have to think about the menu now, Monte is in charge of that.

Life is good! :)

My dreaded chore is PAINTING.

I hate painting with a passion. I am the only guy I know that can open a can of paint, and get it on my back before I even put a brush into it. Even more than the painting, I hate the paint clean up and the masking and the shopping for colors and anything you can think of connected with paint. I even hate to put down the drop cloth and get the ladder.

Did I tell you that I hate to paint.

My oldest daughter however, has been banned from going to Lowe's by her self. She always comes home with a can of paint and paints another wall in their house. I tell her she should be an interior decorator but she likes her job.

You?

Not having enough money to hire minions to do all the house and yard work. ALL OF IT!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived