SASS Wire Forum

Watched a moive tonight

Apache Hawk 60642

"Dances wif Wolfs".

Dat got me to thinkin' which is always a bad thing.

I wish I could have lived back in da day, but still know what I know now.

What I would change and what I would do, well, it just may have changed history.

Maybe fer da better or worse, dont know and never will.

But I can make a safe bet. I would find Deja and ask her to teach me da Lakota ways.

I, in turn, would teach her da Apache ways.

Together, we would be a force to be reckoned wif !!! :blush:

Hawk, if ya read the book the natives are Comanche not Lakota.

Never saw da book, Sam.

But I was just goin' on what da movie said. :blush:

Yep Comanche.....guess they couldn't scare up enough to make the movie so went with Sioux instead. You mentioned working on the Sixes... From what I gather they, the Pitchfork, and the Waggoner bunch worked a lot of Indians as cowboys especially since they leased grazing rights in O. T. Ever run across an ole codger named Jones....naw he was old back in the fifties. How about anyone with the last name Bevers?

Yep Comanche.....guess they couldn't scare up enough to make the movie so went with Sioux instead. You mentioned working on the Sixes... From what I gather they, the Pitchfork, and the Waggoner bunch worked a lot of Indians as cowboys especially since they leased grazing rights in O. T. Ever run across an ole codger named Jones....naw he was old back in the fifties. How about anyone with the last name Bevers?

I think so. Sam, but heck man dat was back in my teenage years.

And I'm ............... years old now !!! :blush:

We Sioux are kind of particular who we let in our territory..now you and ol Hawk there is welcome anytime. :blush:

We Sioux are kind of particular who we let in our territory..now you and ol Hawk there is welcome anytime. :angry:

Thank ye very much, Slick. :blush:

I'm kinda picky on who I let sleep in my lodge, but you and Sam can fight fer da open bed any time. :blink:

Loser has to make breakfast !! :P

Thank ye very much, Slick. :blush:

I'm kinda picky on who I let sleep in my lodge, but you and Sam can fight fer da open bed any time. :angry:

Loser has to make breakfast !! :P

Thanks Hawk, I sleep very well on ol Mother Earth, I also sleep with in the ropes circle. Colt 45 too :blink: 12 ga. and my Winnie 94

Thanks Hawk, I sleep very well on ol Mother Earth, I also sleep with in the ropes circle. Colt 45 too :blush: 12 ga. and my Winnie 94

When da wife saids I'm goin' "Native", she means I'm naked from da waist up, cookin' on a wood fire, which I might add, I have not had one complaint, and sleepin' da same way you do.

I was as red as an injun, till I come north. Now I'm more white. Dats why I tell my co-workers I was born red but raised white.

"Dances wif Wolfs".

Dat got me to thinkin' which is always a bad thing.

I wish I could have lived back in da day, but still know what I know now.

What I would change and what I would do, well, it just may have changed history.

Maybe fer da better or worse, dont know and never will.

But I can make a safe bet. I would find Deja and ask her to teach me da Lakota ways.

I, in turn, would teach her da Apache ways.

Together, we would be a force to be reckoned wif !!! :blush:

lol... Apaches.. what would I wear? lol... just kidding.. We would be friends (kola) no doubt about it.. It was a pretty good movie.. tatanka is really the word for buffalo.. pretty cool... Oh, man there are times when I wish I could be out there in leathers riding and being free.. and I will be someday... but not of a long long time.. I have work to do here..

These ole bones won't take the ground anymore. Holiday Inn sounds good.

Mother Earth works fer my back and hips alot.

Know what ya mean, Sam, sometimes my bones creak too ! :blush:

lol... Apaches.. what would I wear? lol... just kidding.. We would be friends (kola) no doubt about it.. It was a pretty good movie.. tatanka is really the word for buffalo.. pretty cool... Oh, man there are times when I wish I could be out there in leathers riding and being free.. and I will be someday... but not of a long long time.. I have work to do here..

Wear what ever yur heart's desire, aint no one gonna stop ya. Ya, I did a little research, so I know some of da words.

Deja, da Lord aint done wif ya yet, so ya can't go home. Like ya say, "I've got work to do here."

Sometimes when it's slow at work, and I'm freezein', I day dream bout ridin' through da desert, da sun beatin' down on me and my hoss. Da rockin' back and forth of his run. Eattin roasted jack rabbit and fryed catus at night. Sleepin' by da fire in a rope circle. All dat I day dream bout.

It aint gonna be long fore da Lord calls me home and when dat time comes Deja, I tell ya bought our meetin' up together in a dream. :blush:

Wear what ever yur heart's desire, aint no one gonna stop ya. Ya, I did a little research, so I know some of da words.

Deja, da Lord aint done wif ya yet, so ya can't go home. Like ya say, "I've got work to do here."

Sometimes when it's slow at work, and I'm freezein', I day dream bout ridin' through da desert, da sun beatin' down on me and my hoss. Da rockin' back and forth of his run. Eattin roasted jack rabbit and fryed catus at night. Sleepin' by da fire in a rope circle. All dat I day dream bout.

It aint gonna be long fore da Lord calls me home and when dat time comes Deja, I tell ya bought our meetin' up together in a dream. :blush:

I can't remember the word for Dream. darn it.. lol

K.. so I will use this instead .. "Egogahan" its a "until we meet again" kinda phrase but on the other side.. I think... cuz I will not be going go a long long time.. lol And may your mitawin be blessed for ever .... (wife) btw.. lol I have to look a lot up now days.. at one time I was so interested.. now it seems less important to me.. I guess cuz My dad doesn't care much about that side of the family. My step mother raised me, and if not for her and my dad.. there was no one that came forth to help.. so he kinda got angry I think..

I can't remember the word for Dream. darn it.. lol

K.. so I will use this instead .. "Egogahan" its a "until we meet again" kinda phrase but on the other side.. I think... cuz I will not be going go a long long time.. lol And may your mitawin be blessed for ever .... (wife) btw.. lol I have to look a lot up now days.. at one time I was so interested.. now it seems less important to me.. I guess cuz My dad doesn't care much about that side of the family. My step mother raised me, and if not for her and my dad.. there was no one that came forth to help.. so he kinda got angry I think..

Nai-a-sina-cak, SliverHawk,

"Sin-na-taw-naws-day (I spelled it da way it sounds)

"My name is SliverHawk...

"I am yur friend forever !" :blush:

Nai-a-sina-cak, SliverHawk,

"Sin-na-taw-naws-day (I spelled it da way it sounds)

"My name is SliverHawk...

"I am yur friend forever !" :blush:

Thanks.. Apaches..

micaje nacacijin heyoka that means my name is loyal clown... nice, huh?? lol.l

Thanks.. Apaches..

micaje nacacijin heyoka that means my name is loyal clown... nice, huh?? lol.l

:blush::blink::P:angry:

:blush::blink::P:angry:

That is so not funny.. lol

Ifin' ya look on da next to last page of dis months CC, you'll see da L.R.R. club in Dakota County.

Bout 30 miles south of my ranch.

And da 1st match of da Spring.

Nice folks and nice place to shot at.

Wasn't laughin' at yur name...exactly.....

Was thinkin' bout our Native blood, :D My Dad was proud of it and wanted da world to know I was Apache !

Mom was shamed by it. Maybe cuz she gave me life when she was under age ? Ummmm... ;)

And you, yur Dad tryed to keep you away from yur Lakota side.

I know you love him very much and I will not cast stones at such love, but I had to wonder...

What it is he thinks he is protectin' ya from ?

"Ladies and Gents...I give you Miss Loyal Clown and Mr. Silverhawk !"

Like ya say....GEESH.... ;);):P

Archived