SASS Wire Forum

Great match at Pawnee Station today

Grizzly Dave

Uploading videos now, check back for links.

Great match today even though the sun didn't come out until half way through the 5th and final stage.

Temp was probably mid 30s most of the time, and wasn't too bad.

Me? Thanks for asking, I shot as slow as molasses in January at the North Pole, BUT, I did shoot CLEAN.

Stay tuned for the videos.

Grizz

LL, that's the first monthly you've shot in a long time! :)

Videos are still uploading, takes forever...

Yeah Grizz, I put shooting on the back burner for a while. Belle and I are in the middle of some rather large projects that we need to finish up while we are young enough, one is finishing up our cabin/lodge on our property. Seriously, this was one of the best monthlies I've shot in years and I've been shooting cowboy since 96. I was clean too.

LL' :)

OK, finally done, rather than link each of the 14 videos, HERE IS A LINK TO THE ALBUM

I hope you enjoy them. Some may be slightly off center as I was often spotting as well and just lined up the camera and held it off to the side while I watched the targets.

Grizz

Wait.... there's something seriously WRONG. I can't find a video of my anywhere. Guess I didn't get on the Kewl Kowboys posse? :)

Great stages and the weather got really nice when we were finished! Bet it was nearly 45F and Rocky Mtn sunny when we left the range.

Grizz, It was a great day of shooting, and you guys were right the stages were super. Grizz thanks for the video it is always fun to show the family what they missed.

Grizzly Those are great videos! Thank you for catching the family and some of the posse! But we need to get one of you on there, so bring that camera next time and i will tape you shootin.

Lots of fun today, haven't been to a shoot in a couple of months due to the weather and having a cold. Thanks for posting the videos and getting a couple of me too. Wish I hadn't messed up and loaded the rifle before moving to the fence. All in a days fun though. Hoping the weather is warmer next month, them long-johns need a bit more insulation in them. Great folks to shoot with, see you in Feb.

Great vids Grizz. You do good work when ye are sober. How many posses y'all have up thar in the frozen tundra? We could only scare up a short posse of 8 down here and the weather was about as perfect as I ever seen it.

Two observations. Video 9. The pard levers the rifle chambering a round then proceeds to march 4 steps to the fence. Oops. If no one pointed this out to him at the time I hope someone will.

Second that 97 with the lopped off butt shot from the hip. Wow!! Man o man what a hoot. I got to chop off one of mine now, never thought of doing that. Not SASS legal but looked like way too much fun.

We had four possieis today, maybe 15+ per.

I noticed that as well on the vid, live I wasn't sure if he'd taken more than one step as I was doing too many things at once, I should have said something though, my bad.

Great posse and a great match! Good to see LL again after long absence.

I really liked the stages today...lots of shotgun!

Shot clean; guns worked; what more can one cowboy ask?

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

You must have left your 97s at home and shot the double today then! :blush:

Just noticed that myself, congrats on top overall LL.

I was a bit slower than I have been of late, but I'll blame it on the cold temps and alot of movement in the stages. But the match was alot of fun no matter what the tally sheet says.

70 shooters braved the chilly temps and had a great time.

Only got about one matches worth of loaded ammo left, need to get serious about loading, finished priming 1K of new cases this afternoon so may start powder and lead on those tonight. After that's all loaded I have another 700 or so cases in various stages of reloading. Sure is alot of cranks on the old rock chucker.

Hey Bro King, if you don't get yer guns figured out I'm gonna beat cha yet! Came darn close yesterday ;)

Grizz

Archived