SASS Wire Forum

Primers for Alcan 10 ga brass shells

Fingers McGee

Bougth some 10 ga Alcans earlier this year & someone here on the wire said they had primers if I needed them. Fellow SASS and club member is looking for some primers for his 12 ga shells, unfortunately I've slept since then and can't dismember where I put the info.

Anyone???????

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Bougth some 10 ga Alcans earlier this year & someone here on the wire said they had primers if I needed them. Fellow SASS and club member is looking for some primers for his 12 ga shells, unfortunately I've slept since then and can't dismember where I put the info.

Anyone???????

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

The shells take #57 or #157 primers. Not too hard to find at gun shows and on-line auctions.

I found 900 of them on Gunbroker for my 10 gauge Alcans ($30). If you ever change your mind, I would be interested in purchasing those 10 gauge Alcans from you, if they are all brass.

I bought a dandy Remington 1883 today, sold as a 12 gauge to replace my Remington 1889. Got it home and dropped in a couple of shells and they went right past the extractor. Turns out it is a 10 gauge. So I can replace my present 10 gauge with this one, but until MagTech comes out with 10 gauge brass shells, they will be in short supply or expensive.

Far Country Traveler

Thanks Guys. I'll let him know.

Now if I can only find a 10 ga SxS at a reasonable price to replcae my 1889 12 ga..........................................

Fingers (whar wants a 10 ga double) mcGee

Archived