SASS Wire Forum

The Last Stand - questions

Dang It Dan 13202

Dan, I liked the match very much and thought that it was the best match I ever attended. That's saying a lot after the fine Givhans Ferry SE Regionals match.

I liked the stage with the box, but thought that if you use a prop that you have to carry, it should be a bit lighter.

I understand the reasoning behind the bucket stage. But getting a "P" for safely drawing a pistol early doesn't make sense to me. It didn't bother me and I didn't get a "P", and I guess you didn't want Gunfighters knocking over the bucket with their pistol, but as Deadlee said, it's against what we train for.

Even though I was recovering from an injury and had a hard time with the movement, I still liked it. It gave me something to blame not winning on!!

Side match day was a little hectic. Make two days for side matches.

I don't know if we'd need a special license to do it, but that "Low Country Boil" in SC sure was good!!

Shootoff on Stage 8 with Bleachers - Good idea.

Locate main tent back by the pond - Another good idea. It might be good to back the tent up to the pond with the vendors making a "roadway" into the entrance of the main tent, sort of forcing everyone down the line of vendors.

I spent a good part of the day talking with Lefty Longridge and Lusty Lil; they were saying it was the best match they have shot in a long, long time. You must be on the right track!

Now, about that box.... :)

Cheers,

FJT

FJT - long time no see.

Yeah, those Californians really don't like being put in a box, or anything that comes in a box, like oh, ammo!

Take Care my friend.

Dan

Archived